Can anybody ID this FSTB?

ss427

This is the bar that was on the 91 GP I recently bought, but it doesn't look like the CS vert ones I've seen before. It's welded, and there is no clearance issue with the hood or clutch reservoir which is sweet. Also I noticed the strut covers have Koni stickers on them. Is it possible that the car has the old adjustable Koni cartridges in it?

IMGP6552Medium.jpg

IMGP6551Medium.jpg

IMGP6553Medium.jpg

If those are Konis under there, I will pay good money for them regardless of condition.

but take off the cover, you should see a turn style adjuster on the top of the cart if they are.

Thanks all for the info. The welds look factory rather than homemade. Perhaps an aftermarket company made bars sometime back in the 90s? Chris I will pop the cap off and get a picture of the top..not sure what to look for if adjustable as I haven't done front struts on a W before.

Steve

looks like bobs

Ugh, my old one.

And yes, I really really really want that FSTB!! I have a nice square Vert bar, maybe we can do a swap plus a little bit of cash???

Seriously, how attatched are you to the FSTB right now???

Im running O.E.M. coilover camber plates and I cant use the stock very FSTB since it covers up my mount. I need a 2 bolt like that. I had one on my old CS but traded cars with my buddy Rob, and I dont think he wants to get rid of it.

Thanks for the interest, but I think I want to hang onto the bar for now.. possibly see about having more made off it at some point. It's a pretty simple design. So if you guys have seen this same bar before, do you think that would mean an aftermarket company made these back when these cars were new? I'm interested in learning more about aftermarket stuff that was available for early W's..kinda neat.