Hood scoups (need help with paint problem) . . .

Breakdown

I've had them for a while, but today I finally got these on my car when a friend cam over. I got those insanity sticky strips, and a friend helped me apply the scoups on perfectly. One problem. The colour, he says that it would be easier to paint the hood scoups if they were off of the car. I was going to do the whole hood anyhow and he starts pulling one off, and I'm sayin' no way, you can't just rip it off, and of course he fails, but not before lifting a corner and making a big break in the paint . . . . dumbass. Big breath, so now, here's the problem! There's a big tear in the paint, and I'm assuming it goes under the hood scoup too, it's an inch long on the outside and it looks bad. I'm worried about rust setting in. Please don't fill this thread with junk about not having idiot friends and the fact that I probably should have just painted these damn things before puttting them on the car. Right now they stick out like sore thumbs, but once the colour is matched, they should look great.

please remove those. I am embarrassed to know you desire to have non functional hood scoops.

As for the paint damage... you have to remove the scope and see what damage has occurred. to remove you need to use something that can dissolve the adhesive but not harm the paint..., such as paint thinner, pb blaster, lighter fluid, etc etc once off you need to see what damage has occurred, and be aware you now need some serious real paint work.

Please just replace the hood with a 91-93 GTP hood with the longer louvers. Glue-on non-functional hood scoops FTMFL.

LUND is French for Bloody Farts

I just do not believe that this is true. /End joke!

Are you accusing me of shenanigans. I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that I like the look of the scoups. Everyone's excuse, the car's rice wtih them doesn't hold water for me, no better than a rice strainer at least.

1.) They don't look overly tacky, since they're about an inch tall.

2.) The rice argument goes out the window, the car is a sports coupe wannabe with a spoiler, dual exhaust and a whole bunch of other things that defy it's Grandma engine already.

3.) Louvered hoods are blah in my books, the Lumina Z34 ones look kinda cool, GP ones haven't ever done much for me.

I'm hoping to get back at these on the weekend, and maybe kill my buddy.

It doesn't seem that any one wants to help you out. Did the sticky junk pull the clear coat, or some paint with it? As long as the primer or whatever GM used is still there, I don't see any problems with the crack, besides the fact your car will have a nagging imperfection. Have your buddy get the hood repainted.