WO-Tech Chip

mediabandit

So i got my chip from Ben.

100_0608.jpg

I have never installed anything like this before, so i just wanted to make sure i was going to attempt to put it in the proper place.

I am assuming it will go in the computer that is under the hood and under the coolant reservoir tank? If that is not where it goes, could someone point me in the right direction please and if there are any tips/tricks to it, i would appreciate hearing those as well. Thanks.

From what I've looked into, yes, that should be where it goes, not sure how to install though.

What all does it do for the car? Been looking into a Jet chip myself?

Cool, i will be installing it tomorrow morning when i get home from work. I will post back if i run into any problems, but should be pretty straight forward. At least i hope it is.

I want to say unhook the battery and then switch the chip. ENJOY!

not even. i've swapped the chip in the GP roughly 200 times by now and have NEVER unhooked the battery...

From what I've looked into, yes, that should be where it goes, not sure how to install though.

What all does it do for the car? Been looking into a Jet chip myself?

Don't waste your money. :thumbsup:

JET = stock chip with rev limiter raised, about 5* added everywhere in your spark table, your WOT AFR leaned out, speed limiter removed.

in other words, generic, half-assed changes that have the potential to junk a motor.

Got the chip in. Was no problem, really easy.

100_0613.jpg

100_0614.jpg

100_0615.jpg

When i went to put the Ben chip n i noticed the previous owner had a Jet chip installed, so i replaced it with the Ben chip.

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

92wbody442 if you are interested in the Jet Performance chip, make me an offer.

nah, just read up on the WOT-Tech. I like what they do. Price looks good too. Let me know what ya think of it.

Edited by 99screaminregal

Well have driven the car for 2 days now with the new WO-Tech chip in it. Actually able to notice a little extra HP, but the main thing is that i no longer get the SeS light coming on for the EgR when slowing from 70km/hr down to 50km/hr. I had the egr option turned off on the chip. I would definetly recomend this chip to anyone who would like a little more power.

Getting the same egr code as me. Hate seeing that light come on. Maybe I will get that chip and have the egr shut off. better than almost $200 for the egr i say.

The chip is so worth it. Ben is a good guy.

it would be wrong for me to say anything less than he knows what he's doing.

and those EGR codes most of the time seem to be set from a EGR solenoid 1 issue. most of the time it's stuck shut due to electrical failure.

WOT-Tech Chips give the LQ1 a nice little kick in the pants. On my LQ1 Cutty, it gave me the EGR codes when decelerating on off ramps all the time. Generally cleaning the EGR valve helps for a couple months but it'll come back eventually. I think the design is just prone to excessive carbon build up which throws the code, or it could be electrical failure as Robert said.