stereo help needed asap.

douellette

i found an ad on craigslist that says this, what do you guys think?

"I have a 2004 Monte Carlo LS . It has the original factory delco cd player in it and it seems to function fine , but when hooked up to speakers in my car there is no sound , all of the connections and fuses and wiring has been gone over and nothing has been found wrong or blown or out of place. This is a problem that has been experienced by others with this same car and I am wondering if any one can tell me or diagnose the problem without costing me a lot of money , I am single mother of 2 on a fixed income and need this issue fixed , this is my only vehilce and also my only escape from my thoughts sometimes and now I have no radio to listen to. If anyone can help I am willing to compensate them for their time . please help I need this asap ..thank you so much... "

Bad amp or bad radio.

sounds like it....

assuming it does power-up and it doesn't have a theft-lock mode, i would be 100% sure of it if the wiring has been checked to ensure there aren't breaks/shorts.

but as soon as she put the new speakers in?

what impedance are the new speakers? what is the radio intended for? do the old speakers still push out sound if they were hooked up again?

she also just said she replaced the battery. so sounds more like theftlock then?

it is rare, but i have heard of people killing stereos when they disconnect/reconnect a battery... i would expect fuses to protect this, but i've never experienced it myself.

If its in theftlock protection then the radio will be asking for a 4 digit code and will do nothing. If the radio is still picking up stations, reading cds etc. then its not a theftlock problem.

she said this:

"here is the thing , I did try another stereo and had the dealership deal with the theft lock codes and all that and still had no sound , that is why I am led to believe that it has something to do with wiring or speakers or maybe even the computer , as the stereo runs the tire monitor the oil life monitor and other features..I am truly stumped"

When my brother got his SS a couple months ago, same scenario, but just an aftermarket deck. Come to find out the wire for the "amp out" was unhooked. Hooked it up and all was well. There is an amp (underneath rear deck, in the trunk) at least on his, which is a 2000 SS anyway.

Sounds like the factory amp is bad, or not getting power. The amp will be on the underside of the rear deck. We had a Impala in the shop the other day that the amp was good but was not getting power. All fuses were good, i just ran a new power lead back there, easy fix.

i found an ad on craigslist that says this, what do you guys think?

"I have a 2004 Monte Carlo LS . It has the original factory delco cd player in it and it seems to function fine , but when hooked up to speakers in my car there is no sound , all of the connections and fuses and wiring has been gone over and nothing has been found wrong or blown or out of place. This is a problem that has been experienced by others with this same car and I am wondering if any one can tell me or diagnose the problem without costing me a lot of money , I am single mother of 2 on a fixed income and need this issue fixed , this is my only vehilce and also my only escape from my thoughts sometimes and now I have no radio to listen to. If anyone can help I am willing to compensate them for their time . please help I need this asap ..thank you so much... "

First bold- Insert typical CL sympathy plea

Second bold- Bribery for something that you will NEVER get anything out of

Why even bother with this lady?