Plenum Removal

GRANDFURY

I was just wondering how to remove the plenum. The little balck vaccuum lines that go from the intake to different parts of the engine is broken right at the connection to the throttle body and I think that might be why i'm stalling in idle some times. Anyway I can't see where the lines go to replace it so I think I have to take the plenum pff but don't know how to do it. Anyhelp with anything would be great. Thanx

Sounds like 2.8/3.1. If so, there is a sticker under the hood showing where each vacuum line from the TB goes. Use that and by-pass the cracked line, thereby avoiding removing the plenum

Robby

It's a 2.8. Can't really bypass the bad one because it is broken like right where all the line join up at the throtle body. thanx though :)

So the rubber thing all the lines go into is broken?

Robby

yep, thats the problem, it looks like the guy would had it before me had tried to fix it with silicone or something.but that's long fell apart. any ideas on what i should do ? Do you think that could make the car stall in idle? It dosn't always stall though just after long usage.

If that was loose, and leaking, then it probabaly would make your car stall. Try gettin a new one from the dealer or a parts store. I bet something like that is a dealer item though. If they dont have it, go to a junk yard and steal one

Robby

yeah theres a yard in town that has one for 5 bucks so i'm going to get it tomorrow but do you think I have to remove the plenum. Is it just those bolts on top or do I have to take off other stuff?

yeah theres a yard in town that has one for 5 bucks so i'm going to get it tomorrow but do you think I have to remove the plenum. Is it just those bolts on top or do I have to take off other stuff?

To replace that rubber thing, you dont have remove anything. Are the lines broken somewhere else? The lines just pull out of that black rubber thing

Robby

I just rigged it up with electrical tape for now and it seems to have worked. :D No more stalling or anything, idle is great like new again :D I didn't know the lines just pulled out of the rubber thing thats great news :D Thanx alot man, you really helped me out alot, really appreciate it. I'll let ya know what happens tomorrow when I get the real part from the junkyard. Thanx again man!!

I just got back from the junkers and got the plastic piece with all the extra hoses, the gas pressure cap that I was missing AND the two coat hangers for the back seat AND some mint condition sun visors all for two bucks :D Very good day, I still have the electrical tape on the crack piece and the car hasn't stalled yet :D and it's idleing much better, now I can get back to racing Honda's without worrying about my car stalling...lol. Thanx for the help again guys that wuz great :twisted: