rear dome light

godofthunder

I posted something like this before, but still doesnt work.

On my car, the rear dome light, right behind the driver, isnt working. If you hit it REALLY hard...it comes on. But then, makes all of the lights stay on.

Im thinking some wire is exposed, and I know the button doesnt work right now. But...i dont know how to get this thing down. Its a long rectangle (1" by 6" maybe?). Long light on part, then a square button. I shoved a screwdriver up there, but couldnt get it down.

I would like to get it down, caus then I may be able to fix the button and find out what wire is exposed up there. Its not a problem, but car looks funny where that side is dark!

Jon

Does it have the clothes-hanger hook?

If so, you'll need to remove that installation screw and the light assembly will pop out.

I had the same issue my with 1992 Cutlass and it was a faulty switch / plug wiring.

Sodered in a new-used one from the junkyard and work wonders from there.

Best of luck!

- Erik

my pass light was doing that last week kept puushing the button either I couldnt to turn on or couldnt get it to turn off. then I slightly touch the button and it works

see, my button deosnt even work. It did the same thing yours did...but eventually the button got completly disconected somehow. I at times could wiggle the button and get the light on.

But you know what im talking about? Or could you take a pic and show here (i dont have a digi cam).

Jon

yup...thats it. Now how can i get it down? I stuck a screwdriver up where the button is there on the right...and while it moved ever so slightly, nothing good.

Are there clips or someting up there? Im thinking i could just pop it off, fix the button, check the wires, and what not

jon

try the door side or tawards the center of the head liner

i wouldnt pry down at first i would push it in then down and see if you get it to come down more than it is now and the same on the other side

i hope you can understand this and that it helps :D

good luck