98 Lumina radio on all the time

AL

Classmates car problem... His radio stays on after the car is turned off and key out of the ignition until the door is opened and then it shut off but when you close the door, the radio comes back on... He said it never used to stay on after the key was removed until today... He has an aftermarket radio is a Sony, thats all the details he knows about the radio... Nothing else works except the radio when the key is out.

Classmates car problem... His radio stays on after the car is turned off and key out of the ignition until the door is opened and then it shut off but when you close the door, the radio comes back on... He said it never used to stay on after the key was removed until today... He has an aftermarket radio is a Sony, thats all the details he knows about the radio... Nothing else works except the radio when the key is out.

Sounds like a fucked up RAP module, but I'm not an expert.

Whether you know how to do it or not, while the radio is still working, pull it out, and check for power at the 12V+ ignition (switched) wire. That will tell you if it is a relay/fuse/wiring issue, or if the radio has a loose connection on the inside.

Didn't see the what kind of car it was til now :redface: Just to let anyone know, unless this has already been established, there is no Retained Accessory Power on Luminas or Montes.

Whether you know how to do it or not, while the radio is still working, pull it out, and check for power at the 12V+ ignition (switched) wire. That will tell you if it is a relay/fuse/wiring issue, or if the radio has a loose connection on the inside.

Second this. Someone has probably been in there switching factory HU to aftermarket or vice-versa. Is it a factory or aftermarket deck? Could be as simple as someone mixed up the constant 12V+ with the accessory wire in the radio harness.

Oh, well do as I said in my post. Either the wiring is hacked to hell (didn't use the fancy plug that plugs right into the factory harness.... I still don't know why people insist on saving the $7 that it costs at Walmart for that plug), or since it is a Sony, it's just a piece of shit.

ya idk it does it randomly and it has worked for the past 3 years (as long as my woman has had the car)and just started doin it last week but is not doin it...today but ill try checkin the wiring if it does it again