Addicted to eaton

If they do that you can count me in for a full set!

Jamie

I AM THERE!!!!!

AGXs would be nice. But I'll be leaning towards Koni inserts in the future.

Good luck finding a set.

Summit racing stocks them' date=' Koni inserts. Not application specific ones.

[/quote']

For the price you pay for Koni, they should be application specific and they should bloody well install themselves. IMO not worth the mega big bucks over the AGX, the AGX's that digitaloutsider is talking about would be application specific, not just something that someone scavenged from another car and jerry rigged onto a different car.

You couldn't pay me to put non-specific suspension components on my car, especially not shocks/struts. When designed they take into account suspension geometry, weight distribution and suspension travel, unless you have found another make/model of car that shares all those factors with a w-body, your taking a stupid risk IMO.

Jamie

• 1 month later...

Koni "Sport Struts" were availible back in the late '90's, Summit Racing use to sell these for about $ 160 ea. but have since been discontinued as many of you know.

I called Koni a couple of years ago as I was looking to purchase some for my '89 Buick Lesabre T-type. To have the "Sport Struts" custom made for that car would be approx. $300-350 ea. As they don't have any applications for that car, cores would need to be sent to them to build from as the case may be with the W-bodies. I have convinced myself to be satisfied with the KYB GR2 for my daily drivers because of the cost. For those who are able to keep their W's as weekend / show cars the Koni's may be an option.

Here is the Koni # and Contact: (859) 586-4100 Ext. for the Shop is 324, Ask for Tom.

My advise is to buy GR2's/Accel G's with a lifetime warranty and change them 40,000 -50,000 mi. at MOST for best performance. I changed mine at 70,000 mi. (I thought they still felt stiff). It felt like going from new Sensacrap's to the GR2's, Big difference.

Summit racing stocks them' date=' Koni inserts. Not application specific ones.

[/quote']

For the price you pay for Koni, they should be application specific and they should bloody well install themselves. IMO not worth the mega big bucks over the AGX, the AGX's that digitaloutsider is talking about would be application specific, not just something that someone scavenged from another car and jerry rigged onto a different car.

You couldn't pay me to put non-specific suspension components on my car, especially not shocks/struts. When designed they take into account suspension geometry, weight distribution and suspension travel, unless you have found another make/model of car that shares all those factors with a w-body, your taking a stupid risk IMO.

Jamie

You wouldnt run Koni double adjustable strut inserts?? Theres no risk. Hell, it would make for a better ride and safer. They are adjustable to suite your setup. The only difference in one strut to another on a different vehicle is not reallt dimensions, but valving. The Konis are adjustable valving. Should be a no brainer there.

But the AGX is all adjustable too, and at a fraction of the cost.

What are the part numbers for the Koni's and what are they designed to be on?

Jamie

The Konis are universal with several sizes to choose from, and they dont have just a standard adjustment and last up to more punishing conditions than the AGXs. Thats why anyone serious about auto-Xing or racing uses Koni

Comparing an AGX to a Koni double adjustable is like comparing a Yugo to a ZR1

The part numbers I have wont do anyone else but me a damn bit of good since im using non-stock length and upper stud dimensions (I will be running shortened housings)

I dont feel like tracking down a stock strut that I have somewhere in my garage to get measurements right now for a Koni to replace it (I know there is one, I used to have it bookmarked)