Addicted to eaton

My question is. Are they worth it? I have a full set on my 97 brand new. And im not overly impressed. The back passenger side strut on my car was blown with in 2k miles on my gtp. Other then that not to many problems. Does anyone have any for sale?

My rears are KYB GR2s. Put them on in November. Seem fine so far. I bought them and had them put on because thats what we stocked at work, not because they were a better brand. Right before we closed we started carrying Monroe SensaTrac though.

they are fine if you arent lowered.

If it blew out that fast then it was either falty or there is something else wrong, like a tired spring or sway bar end links broken.

your best price is likely to be performancepeddler.com, and use the coupon code 'clubgp'. you must be logged in to use the coupon code.

They're not supposed to blow you away. The GR-2s/Excel-G's are stock replacements.

Yup. Mine have been just fine nothing special though.

See I have always considered the Monroes to be a "stock Replacement" and find the GR2/Excel-G's to be stiffer, all thought not as stiff as the AGX's or other after market performance strut

Jamie

Can't say I did either. But my rears were so blown that going over a large bump, turning to the left too hard, or with someone in the back seat the rear passenger side tire rubbed the wheel well. They didn't seem that bad when you did the bounce test but you could feel it when driving. My mechanic said that when he took out the passenger side rear strut there was NO spring at all left.

Anyway, since mine were so bad, can't say I could have noticed a major improvement (other than actually working)

They're not supposed to blow you away. The GR-2s/Excel-G's are stock replacements.

See I have always considered the Monroes to be a "stock Replacement" and find the GR2/Excel-G's to be stiffer, all thought not as stiff as the AGX's or other after market performance strut

Jamie

http://www.kyb.com/products/shocks/how_to_choose.php

Jamie

All I am saying is that I have driven new monroes and new GR2s and I found the GR2s to be a stiffer strut.

I really wish they made the AGX for our cars...

Jamie

Jamie

All I am saying is that I have driven new monroes and new GR2s and I found the GR2s to be a stiffer strut.

Jamie

I agree with this statement!

Jamie

Jamie

I agree with this statement!

x3 Before lowering my car it did seem like a stiffer ride on these struts, now being lowered its like a brick.

All that being said, it is entirely possible that the monroes are a softer than stock ride... but who here bought their 20 year old W-body new to compare?

KYB-GR2 are the most performance oriented struts available for our cars, even if KYB doesn't class them as "performance"

Jamie

I remember my mother's '95 Cutlass Sedan when it was brand new. It had a semi firm ride but it was not harsh on bumps. I would say it was a cross between a Sensa-Trac and a GR2.

I'll agree with that. Sensatrac's don't work too well with FE3 cars. Every time I tried them on an FE3 car they would "float" and double dip on bumps. I think they're more suited for softer spring rates.

I've been lowered on them for 25k miles and no problems. besides anthony, they have a lifetime warranty. take them back and get replacements. anyone who has ridden in/drove my car knows how much stiffer it is with the GR2's. lowering it made it stiffer though. and i'm not complaining! i love how my gp rides

<-----Rode in Awebs car.

Have a GP with lowered suspension and KYB's.

The real question is what options are there?

Cheap non-name at the parts stock

KYB

and Monroe.

All are NOT performance shocks.

We don't really have any other options. Some people have figured out a way to shove Koni internals into standard strut housings, but even they aren't readily available and they certainly aren't cheap.

I have contacted KYB to see what they can do regarding building AGXs for our cars. Considering they already make GR-2 housings that fit, I'm hoping the cost won't be too high or require too ridiculous of a group buy (as we all know how cheap W-body members are :lol:)