transmission is acting weird/cool

Marcus18

I know it's probably a sign it's going bad or something, but the other day It started shifting from first to second so hard that at WOT it chirps the tires :twisted:. what could have caused it to start this?

also on another note if and when it goes out I'm planning on doing some mods to it. what do guy think about this cam?

(Crane) Camshaft Kit. Part #12364059. This performance-oriented camshaft kit is designed to significantly improve midrange torque and horsepower without sacrificing idle quality. The basic RPM range is 1500-4500 with 6500 RPM attainable using proper valve springs. Cruise RPM is designed for 2200-2600 RPM, and a compression ratio of 8.0-9.5 to 1 is recommended. This kit is not legal for pollution-controlled vehicles. The duration at .050" lift (intake/exhaust) is 204º/216º, while the valve lift is .427"/.454". The lobe centerline is 112. Includes camshaft and 12 tappets. Available from your GM Dealer.

marcus

I know it's probably a sign it's going bad or something, but the other day It started shifting from first to second so hard that at WOT it chirps the tires :twisted:. what could have caused it to start this?

Low or burnt fluid.

Or you have that much power... :D

Honestly, make sure you are running in spec with the tranny dipstick.

Check while the car is running in Park at on level ground.

- Erik

Check your vacuum modulator and/or the vacuum line going to it. If there is no vacuum to the tranny it will shift VERY hard. If you pull the modulator and its full of fluid then its bad

Robby

well I checked the fluid and it's really dark. I changed it about a month ago and I changed the vacume modulator. 1-2-3 are fine but 4th seems to jump into gear sooner than it should.

If it goes bad I'm going to swap the 4t60e thats in my garage into it.

It should handle the power since it's hooked to the s/ced engine.

I will hook torque converter control to the computer and shift with switches. should be interesting.

marcus

well I've tried this with another transmission and it worked. I called a transmission shop and asked them about it and he said all the computer does is flip the switch. He said it won't hurt the transmission.

best part is I can shift at any rpm I want.

downshifting will be tricky though.

I'm going to port my heads alittle for more up top power.

then I'll shift at 4700rpm or so.(shifts at 4500 at WOT right now)

marcus