tire questions

jake91

With the Addco rear bar with poly bushings, and the Birchmount rear leaf, the TGP oversteers before it understeers.

Tires make the largest handling difference on a car. Spend all the money you want, and skimp on tires, and you might as well forget about it.

I agree that tires do make a huge difference, but that's not to say that tires will make up for the lack of some handling mods.

My car understeered before those bushings went in. Just ask Adam what his impressions were after he did the mod himself. Its not a "oh, this is nice" feeling, its more like night and day. Its a perma-grin plastered on your passenger's side window.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• BXX

• xtremerevolution

• Jonpro03

Adam's car and my car will both handle better than your TGP if only for the mere fact that we have poly control arm bushings. You really have no idea how massive of a difference they make until you actually put them on your car.

LMAO, your kidding right?

How can you say that having never even seen his TGP let alone having a ride in it? His TGP handles just as well as my GTP and I would put money on it that our 2 cars, could slaughter your car and your poly bushings. There are SOOO many more elements than poly bushings, and no matter what you have done to your car, if you don't have the tires to put the grip to the road, you got sweet dick all... I'm not going to say they don't help, but your bushings alone will not make THAT big of a difference to make you say that undoubtedly... Tires on the other hand are a huge factor....

Have you ever driven a car with the RS-2s? Maybe you should... Maybe, just maybe, then you might realize how big of a factor the tire is, but I'm not getting my hopes up...

For the record... no I don't have Poly bushings... I don't know how wonderful they are... BUT I do have NEW rubber bushings that are better than the ones you would of started with. Compare NEW bushings to poly and I'm willing to bet the "great improvement" doesn't seem quite so great.

Jamie

lack of some handling mods.

Once again... you have NO clue what you are talking about... maybe you should take advice we give Newbs and SEARCH! Find out what he has into the car...

Jamie

PWNED!

hey Bob, what do you think of the Yoko As430s i mentioned?

I believe those are a tire sold through NTB. Cant say much on them really since they arent a widespread Yoko (like the TRZ, H4s, V4s)

IIRC the tire is made specifically for NTB. Dont ask too much outta it.

PWNED!

hey Bob' date=' what do you think of the Yoko As430s i mentioned?

[/quote']

I believe those are a tire sold through NTB. Cant say much on them really since they arent a widespread Yoko (like the TRZ, H4s, V4s)

IIRC the tire is made specifically for NTB. Dont ask too much outta it.

I see. Bingo on where they were sourced. Is there a equivalent performance tire from yoko with a different branding?

i hope you understand that I am really really happy with the AS430s...

Lack of handling mods? :lol:

Yes, A lack of handling mods. Where did I mention your car? But you had to make it about you didn't you. There were two ways to interpret what I said. Try re-reading my post and notice where I said a lack of SOME handling mods. I didn't say a lack of YOUR handling mods. :high5:

lack of some handling mods.

Once again... you have NO clue what you are talking about... maybe you should take advice we give Newbs and SEARCH! Find out what he has into the car...

Jamie

Unlike Got2b gm, who up to this point was a rather cool guy, you try to slam me down whenever there's a possibility to do so, but you don't stop there, you start implying that I'm an idiot and that I have no clue. Of course people have to enlarge their e-peens and flex their egos around here because we can't have it any other way.

For the record buddy, I understeered like a bitch in the rain 3 years ago right before I found this board and my suspension got fucked up. $1200 later, I had a shop put in two control arms with new bushings and a junkyard subframe, which is why when you look under my car, you notice those 3 items are significantly more rusty than the rest of the whole car. So yeah, my "old as hell" OEM bushings must have been really worn. ::)

Anyway, this is a topic about TIRES. Not poly bushings, Jaguars, or racing seats.

You had to go there didn't you. See I actually thought you were better than that. Most people don't resort to low-blows like those unless they receive them, and I have yet to insult anyone's ride, project, or efforts here.

But hey, I'll give you one thing. At least you didn't call my project a piece of shit like others have.

Most people don't resort to low-blows like those unless they receive them, and I have yet to insult anyone's ride, project, or efforts here.

Yes my w body is a sports car

I rest my case.

In my book, saying my tgp is not a sprots car is an insult.

And I love your jag

In my book, saying my tgp is not a sprots car is an insult.

I obviously love w-bodies and I am definitely not trying to insult anyone, but saying that a TGP is a sports car is laughable....

Would you consider a 93 Toyota Supra a sports car?

Cause I raced one and beat him by a bumper at 1/4 mile

congrats you picked on a n/a supra :rolleyes: .....determining whether or not something is sports car has is not solely determined by 1/4 mile times...

Anyway, this is a topic about TIRES. Not poly bushings, Jaguars, or racing seats.

HOLYROFLWAFFLE!!!! AHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Anyways, How much did your Hankooks run you Matt? They're on my list for the Comp G

Lack of handling mods? :lol:

Yes, A lack of handling mods. Where did I mention your car? But you had to make it about you didn't you. There were two ways to interpret what I said. Try re-reading my post and notice where I said a lack of SOME handling mods. I didn't say a lack of YOUR handling mods. :high5:

You had to go there didn't you. See I actually thought you were better than that. Most people don't resort to low-blows like those unless they receive them, and I have yet to insult anyone's ride, project, or efforts here.

But hey, I'll give you one thing. At least you didn't call my project a piece of shit like others have.

Apparently, when people who have a different opinion than you, that makes you better than them?

I fail to see where I insulted your car. I was simply responding to your post, where you made it about YOUR car and YOUR poly bushings. I did not mention anything about your car.

Quit trying to look like the innocent victim here.

its all in good fun man, I'm also partially guilty.

So yeah, buy some used tires for the vert and call it a day, especially if you plan on upgrading your rims soon.

So yeah, buy some used tires for the vert and call it a day, especially if you plan on upgrading your rims soon.

:werd: Buying new tires to use for only a year is a complete waste of money. Used 225/60/16 tires are very easy to come by.