tire questions

jake91

Whatever price you find, discount tire will price match your online price (plus shipping). They actually came in at $8 a tire less for the Kumho Ecsta ASX's for my Bonneville than some random online store that was cheaper than tirerack.

Find the best price you can online, then fill out their price match form and they'll beat it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• BXX

• xtremerevolution

• Jonpro03

Hey Bob! I would take the Yoko AS430 tire over the touring tires, i have a set of each. Much better bad weather traction... and either set will go 80,000 miles... I known, I've driven them that far personally.

And if you want a real budget tire.. Dont laugh or flame me cause im running them and love them!!

Starfire SF340

They should run around the $50 each mark. They are pretty quite tire, have a nice ride with good response. They are a Cooper private brand tire.

Even though you dont get snow, I do :lol: And they have done phenominal in the snow this year. I have 2 on the front and im gonna replace my HRis (with 9/32nds still) on the rear soon and keep these are winter rims/tires. I cant wait until spring to get my 17s back on

Ya but I don't want a touring tire. I need traction to help get that torque to the pavement. Not to mention none of the tires you posted were z rated.

Find a cheaper z rated tire and then you can call my fuzions expensive.

my tires are not noisy at all. and i'm getting the firestone wide ovals next. to give them a try.

Please dont.. I work for Firestone now :lol: Ive asked enough questions from experienced guys to know this is the Firestone/Bridgestone performance tire to go with..

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE960AS+Pole+Position&partnum=45WR6RE960PP&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Ya but I don't want a touring tire. I need traction to help get that torque to the pavement. Not to mention none of the tires you posted were z rated.

Find a cheaper z rated tire and then you can call my fuzions expensive.

Why do you need a Z rated tire??

A good V rated should be good enough.. Last time I checked you arent doing over 160mph so a Z rating isnt needed.

My summer tires are cheapo performance V rated and im sure even Venom can attest to their traction and cornering! (since they are still on my old CS)

my tires are not noisy at all. and i'm getting the firestone wide ovals next. to give them a try.

Please dont.. I work for Firestone now :lol: Ive asked enough questions from experienced guys to know this is the Firestone/Bridgestone performance tire to go with..

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE960AS+Pole+Position&partnum=45WR6RE960PP&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

No 245 size.

No 245 size.

Umm yeah, I posted the 245/50/16

Maybe I'm lost, but last time I checked the speed rating of a tire has nothing to do with its grip. My Firehawk Indy 500's had more grip then any tire I have ever ridden on in any car, and those had an S speed rating for 112mph.

Furthermore, when are any of you going to go that fast? I don't think a single person on this board has a car with the suspension, transmission gearing, and power necessary to need even a V rated tire (149mph). Our w-bodies are not sports cars.

Goodyear Assurance tripletreads are the best all season tire out there IMO

For endless grip I love my Hankook Ventus RS-2's. I'm willing to bet my TGP will out handle Adams cars just because of these tires.

No 245 size.

That link is for 245-50-16.......

Goodyear Assurance tripletreads are the best all season tire out there IMO

For endless grip I love my Hankook Ventus RS-2's. I'm willing to bet my TGP will out handle Adams cars just because of these tires.

Adam's car and my car will both handle better than your TGP if only for the mere fact that we have poly control arm bushings. You really have no idea how massive of a difference they make until you actually put them on your car. Our cars are very heavily weight biased toward the front, and are heavy enough as it is. 66:34 F:R weight distribution is a pretty big deal when you're talking about understeer.

With the Addco rear bar with poly bushings, and the Birchmount rear leaf, the TGP oversteers before it understeers.

Tires make the largest handling difference on a car. Spend all the money you want, and skimp on tires, and you might as well forget about it.