9C3 Recaro's

GOT2B GM

hmmmm now what.......

I'm thinking rebolster fatass syndrome, reupholster in 1st gen Lumina grey, embroider RECARO into seat again, rock all day long.

IMG00057-20091231-1249.jpg

Unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.

The '99 9C3 Lumina is still in the yard with digital cluster, rubber mats etc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOT2B GM

• xtremerevolution

• slick

• visitor

Reupholster and rock those. I'd make you an offer but all I want is leather for my Lumina... What kind of rubber mats are you referring to? Are these just rubber all-weather floor mats?

Chris, find out what they want for them, and take some pics for me if you could.

I'd pick those up and sell these if they are decent.

If they were in very good shape I could see getting close to 250. Mine are dirty and the drivers is beat and torn, but I only paid 70 cash out the door.

If you plan on going to that yard, could you get me some pics Chris?

Why in the hell would you pay $250 for a set of used, dirty recaros?

IMG_3136.jpg

$250 for both, brand new. Very comfortable, lighter than stock (surprisingly), and they hold you in extremely well.

Took me all of 3 hours to make the mounts for them using a hacksaw and a cordless drill.

Because Recaros are actually a good quality seat.

$250 brand new for a set of cheap seats are what they are- Cheap seats.

Even $250 for a set of Recaros is dirt ass cheap, however thats probably about the maximum anyone in the Wbody world would pay.

Step outside of wbody, and into cars that people actually modify. You will find that people pay upwards of $3000-$5000 just for a pair of nice seats. Yes, it is worth it.

I actually like the look of Andrei's seats a lot, but I know that the Recaro seats are definitely a much more quality seat.

How long is a quality seat supposed to last? What's the difference?

Really, I'd love to know. I put those seats in there in 2007 and since then have driven well over 75,000 miles with them. Virtually no wear and tear or whatever you call it, and even though the passenger side has barely ever been used, both seats feel the same.

Don't get me wrong, I know they aren't amazing, and you can see certain areas where quality could have been improved, but they are WORLDS better than any stock w-body seat I have ever sat in. Hell, I'd like them more than my Bonneville GXP seats were it not for the fact that they're all power and heated and these are not.

Just based on how the seats look in the original post, they don't look all that special to me. Slick's seats look completely flat and look like your ass would shuffle around in a turn.

So where's the advantage?

I just asked a few buddies of mine what they thought of those Recaros if they were brand new and asked them to compare them to my seats, and every single one of them said they would rather have my seats, hands down.

I'm not trying to glorify my seats here; I'm trying to figure out why these Recaro's are so special and superior, because every person I've shown them to can't seem to figure it out.