Fuel Dumping

GrandPrix34

wat happens when more fuel is dumped into the cylinder? i had a idea strike me while in the shower...i put a post up SMOKE OUT THE EXHAUST and the prob was that i relocated the Air Temp Sensor behind the battery so i could see wat happens when i fool the ECM to thinking i had cold air...sure enough behind the battery there was plenty of cold air and soon lots of smoke, gasoline-smelling, started to puff out of the exhaust...now i had a crazier idea but was wondering wat the hell would happen and if it would be safe at all....my idea was splicing the Air Temp sensor and hooking up 2 seperated by a slider or switch concole inside the cabin. the first temp sensor would be inline wit the intake and function normally while the second would be within teh cabin along wit the switch, the temp sensor would be right next to or pointing towards and A/C vent were it would be flooded with nothing but cold-as-hell :roll: dense-up-the-ass-air!! My ?? good idea or just plain pyschotic???

Are you trying to create a smoke screen, Spy Hunter?

it'd be a "nice" gadget, I suppose, for those people who love to ride the asses of others.

Maybe you can find a way to release a small oil slick to "lose the tail" as well...

lol :lol:

-MaD-

Right.. put the sensor in front of the AC vent with the Ac running... hmm.. I dunno about the rest of you guys.. but my car sure as hell is a lot slower when the AC is running..

Any gains? No, none at all. Loses? Well, gas, money to fill up with gas more often, o2 sensor once it craps out from being covered with all sorts of crap in the exhaust.. yea.. I'd just leave it all alone, your better off that way.

The air temp sensor is responsible for sending resistance back to the computer. The colder the air the more resistance that is sent. The more resistance that is sent the more the computer advances the timing and more fuel is dumped into the system. I unpugged my air temp sensor and inserted a resistor that tricks the computer into thinking that it is always really cold out. The resistor was like a dollar. It cant hurt anything, its hard to tell if it helps much. I put a air intake on at the same time and this way I didnt have to mount the temp sensor in my new shinny intake. I did notice a power gain, but it may just be from the intake or a combo of both.

thats the basis of my idea, fooling the ECM into thinking their is more cold air...when i placed the temp sensor behind the battery, thats exactly wat happened, more fuel was being dumped...the A/C idea was off the wall, i know that, it was just that if you can buy some b/s off off ebay or http://members.shaw.ca/Advancetiming/id20.htm, then the biggest and baddest of them all should be the A/C cold air idea...by the way, ive beaten many ricers WIT my a/c at full blast, but then again :roll: