Cutlass Convertible - Stock Rear Speaker Covers/Grilles

Gearhedd

I've read through some of this section already concerning the size of the factory rear speakers in the convertibles, & I came away with the impression that the door speaker grilles on the '95 & newer cutlass's were the interchangeable with the rear speaker covers on the convertibles. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm asking because I'd like to keep my '92 'vert stock in appearance, and have been having a terrible time trying to find a set of good grilles.

If someone could let me know, or direct me to a good source for a set, that'd be fantastic !

Thanks In Advance !!!

correct. 95-97 front door speaker grills in CSs (both coupes and sedans) are the same grill used on only 94-95 verts for the rear speakers.

the 93 and earlier verts have shitty grills, and are crappy. The are speaker material wrapped around a perforated piece of square sheet metal and held in with velcro. You could probably make a cover out of some proper speaker cover material and make it passable.

Some of the rear ones are riveted in as well, aren't they? On the '95+ 'verts?

Yes. 94 and 95 verts have theri speakers riveted in place.

93- ones are screwed in place.

My '94 was screwed in.

My '94 was screwed in.

Pics? Were they stock?

It would make sense, since the interior didn't change since '95. Also, is yours a late or early '94? What is the build date on the tire info sticker on the door/frame?

My '94 was screwed in.

Pics? Were they stock?

It would make sense, since the interior didn't change since '95. Also, is yours a late or early '94? What is the build date on the tire info sticker on the door/frame?

Mine is a very early '94

Thanks to all for the replies ... The '92 that I have had the original rear side panels hacked up, but i was able to get uncut panels & partially broken grilles from a '94 at the j-yard. I'll do some digging around and see if I can get some good ones from the yard to swap them out. The grilles I remember seeing there are tan in color (from a 4-dr.) , so I'll need to paint them to match. Does anyone know of a paint mfgr. / color that matches the charcoal colored grilles ? It looks like a satin finish would be the right level of gloss.

Thanks Again !!

My '94 was screwed in.

Pics? Were they stock?

Mine is a very early '94

If your speaker grilles were stock, that's most likely the difference.