Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• boulevard

• Crazy K

• slick

where did you buy it?

whats with the 100 Questions ass? lol

BTW looks AMAZING!

I've painted calipers, but none looked this good! but then, I was going for rust protection over appearance. the next car gets appearance, though. :twisted:

It probably would have been a better idea to add the decals before the paint was 100% dry, so it would adhere into the tacky paint. Then clear-coat over the decals and paint.

That would of ruined the paint. The vinyl would of never adhered to tacky paint for it to come off of the backing tape it comes on.

A good clear would be VHT. It's good for high temperatures.

IMO, this is what you should of done.

When you ordered those vinyls, you should have removed the cut out letters from the vinyl sheet, not the surrounding vinyl. That way you could of applied the vinyl to the caliper and used it as a stencil. Paint over the removed lettering in white over the blue then removed the vinyl using a sharp razor blade to cut any stubborn paint. The vinyl really should have just been used as a stencil. I don't think those vinyls will last long. Most likely they will heat up, shrink and crack and then peel off. I say, within two weeks.

Huh.... Seemed to work great for my Acura:

IMG_1254.jpg

calipersignature.jpg

i think it was loudcut that did the same thing, and it worked well for him

Ive used that Duplicolor brush on kit with great results myself. I still have some kits left, but only yellow I think.................Hey that would work with the new paint scheme!!! Until next year at least LOL.

I've *heard* that it's not the greatest idea. Apparently, the PC traps in the heat.

I would do a search on the interwebs about it, there may be no validity there.

Damn that guy would def hook me up as well.

What else works with an all black car? I guess silver too... It's been too cold in Chicago to do this.

White would look good in my opinion. Just a little contrast to show them off.

Those purple calipers look amazing! Now I want to paint my calipers and be pretty!

What else works with an all black car? I guess silver too... It's been too cold in Chicago to do this.

Those purple calipers look amazing! Now I want to paint my calipers and be pretty!

adjust your screen settings. they are blue LOL. thanks

adjust your screen settings. they are blue LOL. thanks

i think he meant the purple ones i linked to...