2nd Gen rear brakes

Regal_GS_1989

I might be replacing the pads and rotors all around on the Regal. Just want to know if the rear calipers can simply be compressed with a C clamp, or if it requires a special tool like the first Gens.

wait.. what car???

it if is a second gen, the car has a hat in rotor design for the parking brake, meaning that the rear calipers are not part fo the parking brake system, and can be pressed in with a clamp.

wait.. what car???

it if is a second gen, the car has a hat in rotor design for the parking brake, meaning that the rear calipers are not part fo the parking brake system, and can be pressed in with a clamp.

Yea, it's the 2000. Long story short...I had to replace the 3 month old rotors on the front due to warping from my road trip. Surprisingly enough, for "economy" rotors, partsource honored the warranty without any hassles whatsoever. While i was at it, I replaced the crumby pads that were fucking siliconed on to the calipers from the previous owner with a nice set of Ceramics. I was going to do the rears as well, but after a closer inspection, those will still be good for while. Thanks for the info. I know for the future now for when I need to replace the rears.

yup, c-clamp works fine.

I usually just use a good flat blade screwdriver and push the piston back in while the caliper is still attached, but either way it is a press in.

yup, c-clamp works fine.

I usually just use a good flat blade screwdriver and push the piston back in while the caliper is still attached, but either way it is a press in.

Yup. I haz a Snap-On mini 8" prybar that works perfect for this! Actually is better than a screwdriver (they do break and pain ensues!! :willynilly:)