will they swap?

scotty

i have a chance to get another 88 cutlass supreme international 2.8 5 speed. it needs axles/ cv joints. will the ones on my 91 cutlass 3.1 automatic match up? i dont know if thered be a difference because of the tranny differences. the car is about 6 hrs away from me and i dont have a truck to just go pick it up and bring it back. ill have to drive there and do the swap and drive it home.

yeah he told me hed end the auction early if i wanted it.he said that if i came up with the parts him and some of the guys there would help me get it together and since i got the totalled 91.

I think I heard before that when grabbing a Getreg from a yard, you are supposed to grab the axles as well, so I would assume that they are different. Not sure though. You'd have to wait till Josh "malibuolds" responds. :wink: He knows a lot about pulling 5spds :lol:

Guest TurboSedan

sorry, but you'll need to go buy some 5-speed specific axles. they are different lenghts on both sides than what a 4T60 has. they were about $70 i think, and i used my old auto axles as cores.....hth

joshua