Broken link

phantomgreen

Hey all. I am selling my 93 vert and am fixing up one last thing before i sell it. The only thing wrong with the car is one of the "S" links of the convertible framework on the passenger side is broken making the passenger side top much harder to latch than the driver side. I was wondering on here was parting out vert parts. Ive checked junkyards with no luck so i might end up going to a machinist if nobody can help me out. Thanks in advance.

i have lots of extra parts, but that part is one that i need to same thing done, though it usually only affects the top going down, not up. btw, I'm in Noblesville.

Thats interesting because that broken link is the only thing visibly wrong with the passenger side so I just assumed it was the link causing the top to be difficult to latch on the passenger side. However, the problem didnt occur until just after I had a new rear windshield installed so maybe that played a part? Any ideas/sugestions? thanks

not sure. there is probably alot of tension due to the new window. I keep thinking it would make sense to modify the window retaining straps so that the would incorporate a spring to allow stretching a bit...

not sure. there is probably alot of tension due to the new window. I keep thinking it would make sense to modify the window retaining straps so that the would incorporate a spring to allow stretching a bit...

i think if they tried to do that it would have just gave it another reason to leak! LOL

can i get a pic of this s-link or whatever i can see if the yard by me has any.

I actually made myself a new link this week and put it in. It didnt really seem to do much in regards to making the top go up easier so I will probly take it back to the shop that installed the window and see what they have to say.

Heres a pic of the link anyways...

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/camdiddy69/IMG_0331.jpg

• 2 weeks later...