Buck's OMFG trip thread... coolant issues... Oil?

Night Fury

OK THEN.

so.... uh..... Assuming this is a Lower intake manifold gasket, where would I get one, what brand, how long would it take me to replace, and would a service manual have the procedure in it? if not, how do I find out what to do? I can not afford to pay to get it done.

I don't know about the L67, but the LIM on the L36 is extremely easy (especially when compared to the 3100)... I know my Haynes manual has the procedure for the L36, so I assume one for the 04+ GP would have the correct procedure for you, or a factory service manual would as well.. I know a couple on here have alldata subscriptions (or something like that) that could probably get the instructions for you as well...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• stevegasm

• Crazy K

• xtremerevolution

it should be a cakewalk that an amateur can do in a saturday. just make sure to replace all of the gaskets along the way, get a new thermostat, and prepare for two oil changes, changing the filter on the second change.

get ziploc bags and a sharpie to label the bolts and other crap, get a sheet of print labels to label the hoses and their respective places to connect, and take pictures along the way if you're the forgetful type.

buy replacement vacuum hoses, as yours may crack.

it should be a cakewalk that an amateur can do in a saturday. just make sure to replace all of the gaskets along the way, get a new thermostat, and prepare for two oil changes, changing the filter on the second change.

get ziploc bags and a sharpie to label the bolts and other crap, get a sheet of print labels to label the hoses and their respective places to connect, and take pictures along the way if you're the forgetful type.

And don't forget the coolant elbow (if the L67 has it)...

Its L32, and no it doesn't have the fucked up style thank god.

Yeah, definitely replace that too. You'll probably break it anyway while taking off the LIM. This is the coolant elbow that feeds coolant from the LIM into the heater core through the firewall. Plastic piece of crap.

So should I just start disassembling crap until I get to the gasket? :lol:

Pretty much, that's all it really is, assuming you remember in what order you took it apart so you can put it back together in the reverse order.

So what is the order of parts from the top down to where I need to stop?

fuel lines and wires

M90

Not to be rude, but this is what a haynes/chilton's manual would be good for. They would also have the torque specs for the bolts for both the valve covers and the lim, and the order in which you need to tighten those bolts.

So what is the order of parts from the top down to where I need to stop?

fuel lines and wires

M90

Not to be rude, but this is what a haynes/chilton's manual would be good for. They would also have the torque specs for the bolts for both the valve covers and the lim, and the order in which you need to tighten those bolts.

Ahh! I don't have a gun or anything!

I just don't want to get in too deep... This is my only car!!!!

How do I know I'm torquing stuff correctly? What tool is it? how much does it cost?

How do I know I'm torquing stuff correctly? What tool is it? how much does it cost?

You need a torque wrench Buck.. You can buy one at AutoZone for like 20 bucks... Of course, it won't last very long before the torque specs go out of whack (so you don't want to use it forever but it will last you a couple years of regular use probably if you don't abuse it... If you want a good torque wrench, expect to pay well over $100...

You need a torque wrench Buck.. You can buy one at AutoZone for like 20 bucks... Of course, it won't last very long before the torque specs go out of whack (so you don't want to use it forever but it will last you a couple years of regular use probably if you don't abuse it... If you want a good torque wrench, expect to pay well over $100...

Ahh. That will probably do.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I paid $50 for mine and its been great every time I've used it.

Don't worry man, these engines aren't as complicated as you think. You'll laugh at how easy the job is when you're done. Its like legos for adults.

Yeah, I paid $50 for mine and its been great every time I've used it.

Don't worry man, these engines aren't as complicated as you think. You'll laugh at how easy the job is when you're done. Its like legos for adults.

:lol: Good!!!

There is just SO MUCH other stuff I have to buy other than just the gaskets!

yeah lol. don't forget injector o-rings. two per injector. might as we'll do spark plugs while you're at it.

JESUS! AHH!

Spark plugs have about 12,000 on them. Still change them?

if they're just 12k, don't worry about them. this will be a good chance to inspect all of your coolant and radiator hoses as well.

really man, you'll be fine. word of warning, you may need a few ratchet extensions to make your job easier.