Buck's OMFG trip thread... coolant issues... Oil?

Night Fury

Have you checked your tranny fluid Buck?

I did before the trip, but not since. I haven't gotten it warmed up. I should've checked it yesterday.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• stevegasm

• Crazy K

• xtremerevolution

What do you mean by temp was over the half way mark? halfway between 100 and 200? half way between 200 and 240?

There are no numbers so IDK... halfway is when the fans kick on, so whatever it is, its too hot

So does anyone know what gasket it is?

LIM I'm guessing. That's the gasket that leaked on my GTP before I had a spun bearing :willynilly:

Something I can do.......?

The fans will NOT kick on above a certain speed..

If they were on while you are doing 80mph your car would overheat..

The fans can only move a certain amount of air which is roughly the amount at about 40mph would be... If they kick on, above the speed, it would restrict airflow and would damage the fans by spinning them too fast..

BUCK, your temp is perfectly fine.. Its designed to run that hot...

The fans can only move a certain amount of air which is roughly the amount at about 40mph would be... If they kick on, above the speed, it would restrict airflow and would damage the fans by spinning them too fast..

Ok that makes sense, but there definitely is something wrong. It should NOT be running almost in the red....

Ok that makes sense, but there definitely is something wrong. It should NOT be running almost in the red....

Change your thermostat and flush the cooling system...

The report back...

The report back...

At my sisters house with no tools?

The report back...

Pay a shop or someone??

Its the 1st thing that needs to be done..

Wondering about what it may or may not be is pointless... Just get the T-stat replaced and the coolant flushed... Yes, a t-stat can fail that early, its a mass produced part... Your bound to get one with short life in the bunch

And the goop in the radiator, congrats, your car has hit puberty :lol: At over 200K its prolly sludge from rust and crap in the high mileage cooling system...

Oh, and replace the damn radiator cap..

at over 200K on it, I guarentee it isnt holding 15-16psi of cooling system pressure.. If its only holding like 10psi the vehicle will run hotter...

The report back...

Pay a shop or someone??

Its the 1st thing that needs to be done..

Wondering about what it may or may not be is pointless... Just get the T-stat replaced and the coolant flushed... Yes, a t-stat can fail that early, its a mass produced part... Your bound to get one with short life in the bunch

And the goop in the radiator, congrats, your car has hit puberty :lol: At over 200K its prolly sludge from rust and crap in the high mileage cooling system...

CAN YOU READ?!?!

I said probably a dozen times in this thread that I replaced the thermostat AND flushed the coolant less than 10,000 miles ago.

<3

Come over and I'll take a look at it :P

I'm willing to bet that 200k miles of lovely Dexcool ate away your water pump, and it's probably time to replace it.

Buck, depending on who or how the coolant flush was done, I highly doubt the entire system got squeaky clean....

Flushing with just a garden hose wont do shit for buildup, sludge, and scale..

If you paid someone, they may have skipped an important step like adding the flush liquid and running the car for 10 minutes to let it do its job, and then hook up the maching to clean it all out..

Buck, depending on who or how the coolant flush was done, I highly doubt the entire system got squeaky clean....

Flushing with just a garden hose wont do shit for buildup, sludge, and scale..

If you paid someone, they may have skipped an important step like adding the flush liquid and running the car for 10 minutes to let it do its job, and then hook up the maching to clean it all out..

I did pay to get it done, They may have skipped that because it didn't take too long.

I should come to your shop because I KNOW you will take care of me in internal cleanliness!

OK THEN.

so.... uh..... Assuming this is a Lower intake manifold gasket, where would I get one, what brand, how long would it take me to replace, and would a service manual have the procedure in it? if not, how do I find out what to do? I can not afford to pay to get it done.