Who has the fastest TGP???

dkorinko

I am sure that this question has been asked about 3 million times but i want to know too! I was just wondering who has the highest known top speed in a turbo grand prix and who has the fastest 1/4 mile time in a turbo grand prix. Thanks guys!

Well i would also like to know what is done to all these cars, and I hope no one is being gay like all the ricers are when they go out there, stripping down their interiors and all that, I mean, I want my car to be as fast at the track as it is on the street. Anyone who has any 1/4 mile times and any top speed info, please post! Thanks!

You won't find Jeff doing anything like that. :wink: But you'll also find that a lot of things Jeff has done to his car(s) are custom jobs, that only he and a few people with chip burning ability can do. Although hopefully some of the stuff he's developing will be available to the public..soon :D

There are a few of mine in my Signature. and yes I do have the time slips...

As for Jeffs stuff, when he feels it is ready he will release it, and yes I have some of his stuff, as I test it on the west coast, sending him data to review... he is a good friend!!!

Yeah I have over 200 emails of Jeff and Mike Gardner (the guy who use to own my car) talking about this and that and the stuff they were doing. I guess the chip I have is made just for the pistons/ported heads, and the cam i have. Jeff seems like he knows his shit and helped out mike a lot.

Yes Jeff helped mike out a lot. I think that mikes TGP was the second fastest... per time slips. :shock: althogh jeff said there was one near him that was the fastest production he had come across, but no time slips...

Yeah- I know that Mike use to run mid 13's in my car but he had it non-street legal, I have pictures of the intake running out of the headlight lol. So obviously i cant drive around like that. Does anyone know what his best time was??? Him and Jeff did some pretty crazy stuff, Jeff and I use to talk quite a bit but lately he has not been responding, his he ignoring me or does anyone know if he is on any kind of Turbo Grand Prix mission lol???

He is on a TGP mission, working on chip testing and refining for the high flow heads, and 29lb injectors, etc... he olny talks to me every 4-6 weeks when I call him!!!

Yea I figured he was up to something, I guess that would answer why he has not responded to my emails and stuff lol. Man, I would be really interested in a chip that would go with some bigger injectors, I think out cars are in desperate need of that! And once we start getting turbo upgrades, our cars are going to be untouchable man! I cant wait for the day!

Lunati Cam, Ported Heads, J/E Pistons, Short Ram intake with K&N Filter, TT Supra Intercooler, Hi flow cat, 2.5" cat back exhaust, Ractive Mufflers, 160 thermostat, Top Gun 160 Chip...and thats all i can remember right now.

Do you have any under-hood pictures of your car? 8)

It seems like more and more people are wanting to see pictures of my car because of the new intercooler set up i did. So within a day or two here i will take a bunch of pictures and get them all posted for you guys!

Its nice to hear I'm not the only one Jeff is ignoring. I know a few months ago when I was emailing him regularly it would take him a while to reply because he was swamped with emails, and trying to figure out the injector, heads, etc... that he is working on. I guess he gave up on the emails and decided to just work on the new products!!!

Its nice to hear I'm not the only one Jeff is ignoring. I know a few months ago when I was emailing him regularly it would take him a while to reply because he was swamped with emails, and trying to figure out the injector, heads, etc... that he is working on. I guess he gave up on the emails and decided to just work on the new products!!!

Sounds familiar to me!! 8)

He's not ignoring anyone. I got a PM from him a few weeks ago, and he sounded VERY busy!!!! I think sometimes people forget that he has a life too...and it's not all TGP related. :wink: All good things come to those who wait. :) :D

there's a guy on the TGP board that claims his TGP runs 13's...said it should be around mid 13's now, I'm not sure what all he's done...I have a post from June 02 in which I asked the same thing you are asking here....check out http://www.netavalanche.com/tgp TGP only board.

EDIT:..took a look at my old thread over there..guy I mentioned above ran a 13.93@102.61 from what he says.....anyways, Jim aka Idbeast posted over there that he has a slip of Mike Gardener's for a 13.924 at 96.808

Guest TurboSedan

He's not ignoring anyone. I got a PM from him a few weeks ago, and he sounded VERY busy!!!! I think sometimes people forget that he has a life too...and it's not all TGP related. :wink: All good things come to those who wait. :) :D

um, yeah, we've heard that for awhile now........it's all a big secret and by the time anything is available it will cost an arm & leg & all the TGP's out there will be worn out rust buckets. hey, people talk shit about RSM, and Jeff M is just another vendor IMO. he has a buisness and should accept critezeeemmm... what's the difference? this is feedback, plain & simple. i personally think Jeff makes very high quality products, but considering the price, his attitude, and the lack of customer replies, screw that BS!

joshua

there's a guy on the TGP board that claims his TGP runs 13's...said it should be around mid 13's now, I'm not sure what all he's done...I have a post from June 02 in which I asked the same thing you are asking here....check out http://www.netavalanche.com/tgp TGP only board.

EDIT:..took a look at my old thread over there..guy I mentioned above ran a 13.93@102.61 from what he says.....anyways, Jim aka Idbeast posted over there that he has a slip of Mike Gardener's for a 13.924 at 96.808

Yes, I know who you are talking about. :wink: What he was posting was times from his 2002 GTP (Dated Dec 2000), when I pointed it out to him he told me the slips were misprinted... draw your own conclusions...

As for Mike Gardener's car... YES, I have all of his time slips from that day, and yes he did make that 13.924 run :shock: :read: :naughty: :cheers: To bad the motor got screwed up! :cry:

Yes, I know who you are talking about. What he was posting was times from his 2002 GTP (Dated Dec 2000), when I pointed it out to him he told me the slips were misprinted... draw your own conclusions...

Ummmm...I believe you are talking about me. In a nutshell you said that your TGP could launch better than any L67 and I showed you slips from our GTP to prove you wrong. It just happened to be that the track was having difficulties with their timing equipment that particular day and reset the date so it was like January 5th 2000 or something IIRC. Because of that you immediately didn't believe me, even though tracks aren't even open in Michigan at that time of the year, and I posted other slips with very similar times dated 2003 from other track visits, and I posted a few slips with the misprinted date from that track visit to show you that I didn't just find some old timeslip somewhere. I will try to get a video when we go to the track the next time (October 18) and I will post the slips. You can also see the times on http://www.clubgp.com (if you go to 1/4 mile times and click on GS/GTP/GTX it should be somewhere around #19 or 20, it is Steve Mayes, 2002 40th Anniversary, and the time reads 12.780 @ 106.05 just as my sig. says. You can also visit ww.migpc.com and look at the 1/4 mile list there and it is posted there also...I can't believe you still think it is BS. I can get you other slips like I said before, and I will be posting video and timeslips after the next track visit to shut you up. I can also post a mod list if you would like.

I believe this is what you were talking about:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5317&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I buried that along time ago, I thought that is what mfewtrail was taking about. Sorry, I did not mean to bring it up again, and just to set the record straight, I don't doubt your GTP is running where it is (congratulations on the success you've had with it), I hope some of the west coast GTP's can get into the same time ranges someday!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Amen brother. James has a passion for cars and helping people, a pride as well from the rewards he has received from his efforts. Same with me though lately I don’t have the time to post, I was a posting fiend for years/since 1996 on many versions of the TGP MB and Talk Forums/TF, and the first TGP MB hosted by Dave Zug (he ran a 13.98 before he retired his TGP for a GN, good choice too!). I know so many TGP owners who email me and never post here since its so volatile at times, people are afraid to ask a simple question for fear of being made a fool or get bashed for something. I have been on many other MB and TF since 1995 and found those had enough traffic/exposure to flamers, flamer practices and those that like to fuel a fight that it brought about sooner more aggressive monitoring and correction.

I would love to only have to share help, suggest tips etc than try and ward off the rest, life has enough challenges.

Jeff M

Guest TurboSedan

well it seems to me that everytime you come around is when all hell breaks loose. you always have to be right, like you're the TGP god or something. sure you know your stuff with the TGP; i don't doubt that one bit! but slinging mud isn't quite proffesional (remember the "Who's Your Daddy?" statement for example). it doesn't matter since i already have a rebuilit crossover pipe and you don't offer 5-speed chips anyway - i don't plan on being one of your customers because i don't NEED you anyway.

btw, i personally think you thrive off of people kissing your ass. IOW, i do not think you are a professional buisnessman, ecspecially on this forum because there are people here that can do the job for less $$ and not have to wait for you, or spend 4x as much (the resouceful types). i DO however think you offer high quality proven products that you have obiviously invested alot of time & money into. you are just as guilty as TGPilot really. you ripped off GM in making the Top Gun Chip by modifying the AZRC code and making a profit from it. TGPilot modified it so he could use it to work for his TGP 5-speed and bravo to him. besides that, he gave a measly 3 chips out for FREE.

joshua