• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lumina racer

• RobertISaar

• Crazy K

• jeremy

So does the harness just plug into the stock one or does it replace it entirely and will it plug into a euro gauge cluster other than that it should just drop in and run

So does the harness just plug into the stock one or does it replace it entirely and will it plug into a euro gauge cluster other than that it should just drop in and run

re-wiring will be necessary. it will not be plug and play.

No. You will need to deal with wiring to get it to run correctly.

Actually, you can, if both are obd1. You will have to move some of the electrical connectors around a bit. In fact, the lq1 CAN run on the 3.1 computer, but it ain't pretty.

I think you are incorrect and correct both:

AT THE SAME TIME?!?!

The cradle that comes on any L67 I'd imagine wouldn't bolt up to his Lumina. I think any 1st gen Regal with the 3800 can donate that.

Most cradles will not. I say craddle b/c then you get the lower mounts ect.

My Car is a mut.

engine / transmisison is a Regal 2000

cradle stock 93

Upper dog mounts on the core are a 00 century 3.1

the bone is a polished unit from ???

the lower pass side trans is a soild napa

the lower drivers side 3.1 new gm unit

down pipe is a cut stock l67

the axles (i am lowered) are stock outers and regal inners

power steering is 93 gp rack

pump and hose is 00 regal

harness is a 93 gp / 00-99 monte

Well if all you shooting for is 200 WHP then why waste your time trying to fab up a way to get a L67 to bolt in there? A LQ1 (3.4 DOHC) put out 215 HP (the power at the wheels is far less, but I think I've read around the 185-195s?). This way you can keep the same motor mounts and you would just have to change out the wiring harness. Plus WOT-Tech makes an excellent chip for OBDI DOHC motors. Also, you said you can do some fab work so if you could give this motor a good set of headers on it then your looking at 230 WHP easy. The L67 is a good motor but in your case I would go with an LQ1. Unless of course you want low end...

The LQ1 has horrible low end, but above 4000 grand is where this motor shines.

Oh and if you do decide to put in an LQ1 and rebuild the motor, don't do what I did and neglect to change the Oil Pump O-ring. 3 weeks later and it leaks like a mother fucker. Runs like a fucking champ too, god I hate life sometimes.

Well if all you shooting for is 200 WHP then why waste your time trying to fab up a way to get a L67 to bolt in there? A LQ1 (3.4 DOHC) put out 215 HP (the power at the wheels is far less, but I think I've read around the 185-195s?). This way you can keep the same motor mounts and you would just have to change out the wiring harness.

Ill give you the reason that I did my L67 swap.

There is more aftermarket mods for it.

Want 500 hp it can be done. Want 300 easy. It can be done.

I understand that but what I said is all he wants is 200 WHP, if he has no future intentions of trying to get more power out of the car then why waste his time trying to fab up an L67. I'm just trying to save the guy a lot of time. I agree though, if he has any future plans whatsoever in getting even more power then doing an L67 swap is the only way to go.

I understand that but what I said is all he wants is 200 WHP, if he has no future intentions of trying to get more power out of the car then why waste his time trying to fab up an L67. I'm just trying to save the guy a lot of time. I agree though, if he has any future plans whatsoever in getting even more power then doing an L67 swap is the only way to go.

where do you see him saying that he only wanted 200hp???

I have 4000max to finish everything im doing with my lumina I want a fast ass car. I could never have too much power. My motto is more power the better.

Well damn I just re-read this whole thread and I have no idea where I got the 200 HP thing from. Sorry bout that, lol. Hey, someone has to defend the LQ1. Just a shame the aftermarket is far smaller than the L67. It has potential, that is for sure.

GP4U2NV:Quote from: Addicted To Olds on July 02, 2009, 08:10:18 AMThe cradle that comes on any L67 I'd imagine wouldn't bolt up to his Lumina. I think any 1st gen Regal with the 3800 can donate that.Most cradles will not. I say craddle b/c then you get the lower mounts ect. My Car is a mut. engine / transmisison is a Regal 2000 cradle stock 93Upper dog mounts on the core are a 00 century 3.1 the bone is a polished unit from ??? the lower pass side trans is a soild napa the lower drivers side 3.1 new gm unit down pipe is a cut stock l67 the axles (i am lowered) are stock outers and regal innerspower steering is 93 gp rack pump and hose is 00 regal harness is a 93 gp / 00-99 monte

So: what body is it I might copy your car if its possible