• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lumina racer

• RobertISaar

• Crazy K

• jeremy

i not scared i just dont want to get over my head. if i need a pro to do it it wont happen. i want to do it i just need so education on these w body cars sense i have been a ford boy til i got this lumina and fell in love with chevy again

Luminas will do that. :mrgreen:

What about the 3800's they put in the base Camaros? Are those the same engines? If so, one of those had to be hooked up a 5 speed...

What about the 3800's they put in the base Camaros? Are those the same engines? If so, one of those had to be hooked up a 5 speed...

you cant use a RWD trans in a FWD noob!

Hey, get bent.

I didn't read the whole fuckin thread, all I read was about 3800 being mated to a 5 speed.

Hey, get bent.

I didn't read the whole fuckin thread, all I read was about 3800 being mated to a 5 speed.

hence, why reading the whole thread is always a good idea...

I need to now what do I need to program a prom chip so my trans and wiring harness will work with sc 3.8 that I'm getting this week out of a 98 bonneville ssei

YOU ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING AN EPIC FAIL

You should get the transmission that goes with that engine and the wiring harness and PCM. Anything else and you are going to have a lumina shaped paperweight.

you want to run the engine on OBD 1? and how will the PCM (ecm in your case) know whats going on without a MAF? Honestly, I don't think any such chip exists, or can be made.

You should convert to OBD II and use the complete drivetrain from the donor. that is what everyone else does.

you want to run the engine on OBD 1? and how will the PCM (ecm in your case) know whats going on without a MAF? Honestly, I don't think any such chip exists, or can be made.

You should convert to OBD II and use the complete drivetrain from the donor. that is what everyone else does.

x2

been there done that. wrote the book and retired

Ok u made up my mind next question how do I mount the l67 in my lumina the mount aren't even close so I someone has pic of there car that they did the same swap I would like to know how the mounted it in there car pics please

If any one can how about a write up on swapping a l67 into a 91 lumina coupe.what do I need to do this and things I need to swap over from 3.1 that overheatd and died

1) purchase l67 drop out complete from strut to strut, top to bottom.

2) contact me, to contact "teel" to purchase a swap harness ($300-$400)

2a) May need a complete 99-00 Monte Carlo engine harness.

3) Get the outters of your axles and Ill dig up the guy that makes the axles.

4) Get a 255 walbro fuel pump and install it.

5) Plan for a custom exhaust

The cradle that comes on any L67 I'd imagine wouldn't bolt up to his Lumina. I think any 1st gen Regal with the 3800 can donate that.

true... but a 91 cradle should have the mounts for the 96 3800 mounts. no need to replace unless bad....