need some info on a engine swap

95cutty96

well if they can cram the 4.0 into a fiero, you can get one in a w-body.

they've put the 4.6 in the fiero also, but had to cut areas on the cradle and strut tower. no cutting was needed for the 4.0

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 95cutty96

• RobertISaar

• Genopsyde

• jake91

head/intake differences? its possible... they might mount differently as well. oil pan could also be different

but they are largely identical.

the northstar really isn't that bad. I have one in my bonneville and its quite nice. even with 3.73 fdr, I get 25mpg average on a flat highway at 75mph.

Alright sorry I'm all over the place on the stuff on my car but I let the wife have the 96 cutlass for a daily driver so I'm working on the euro now any ideas how to make that one fast I'm not sure what I want to do with it at all so I'm open to anyones ideas its just sitting in the garage with no engine or trans untill I figure out what I'm going to do with it

Whatever plans you had for the Cutlass can be carried over to the Euro since they're basically the same thing (2-door W-bodies....wait, is your Euro a coupe or sedan? Doesn't really matter though, just curious).

Regarding which engine to go with, I think the majority of people will back the L67. It'll be much easier and cheaper, not to mention that your overall "quickness" will be pretty similar between the two.

I've never driven an L67-powered car yet though, so I have no experience with one. I HAVE driven my dad's Cadillac with a Northstar many times, and it certainly is a smooooooth engine when driven nicely, and an ass-hauler when driven hard. Thing is, it's all top-end, so you don't feel the pull until it's revving high, which has hurt me in a few street races (off-the-line/tire spin is rather weak for 275 horsepower, but it's 4,000 RPM+ pull is very respectable).

But compare to compare, a Northstar is a premium, high-tech engine which is certainly high-quality, but also much more expensive and complex in comparison to a smaller, cheaper, simpler-designed and similarly powerful V6, plus you'd have the satisfaction of telling your friends that your car is supercharged :wink: And if they pull out the BS flag, you drag 'em to you car and pop that hood and show 'em that Honda-eater.

Its a 2 door coupe I was thinking about the l67 but I'm not sure I'm in no rush its sitting in the garage with no engine or trans at the moment

Well that's what I was thinking but you never know I might do a 3400 with a 5 speed just to be different because I'm just a asshole like that :grin:

trust me, thats not very different except for the vehicle year.

people do 3400/5Speed swaps on 60* all the time. not so much on here though...

The F40 too, yeah. I think only one person's done the 6 speed to a 3800, but it wasn't an L67. I don't think the 6 speed is rated to handle more than 250hp? I think...

I don't think the 6 speed is rated to handle more than 250hp? I think...

I've read otherwise. There's even one out there in a fiero mated to a LS7...

DSCN0291_(Small)_2.JPG

HOLY FUCKSTICK!

thats awesome.

i'm guessing one of the fiero guys did it? 505HP and i think 485TQ.... thats goddamn ridiculous... i want it.

I don't think the 6 speed is rated to handle more than 250hp? I think...

I've read otherwise. There's even one out there in a fiero mated to a LS7...

DSCN0291_(Small)_2.JPG

Damn...no clue how that's going to hold up. I've just heard from multiple people that they're not rated for big numbers

i believe they are rated for 250LB-FT with a G6, which is what 3400/3500 lbs? whats a fiero weigh? i'm thinking thats what does most of it...

i've also heard that it has 3 mounts, and that leaving the "side" one will stop the case from blowing up.

fiero is around 2500-2800lbs. the build was done by V8Archie. If you're interested I can pm you a link to the build thread since I don't know how this place feels about links to other forums.

here's the drivetrain as it sits now in the car...

DSCN0077_(Small)_2.JPG

the car itself...

DSCN0080_(Small).JPG

fiero is around 2500-2800lbs. the build was done by V8Achie. If you're interested I can pm you a link to the build thread since I don't know how this place feels about links to other forums.

I'd like to see it too. I think that as long as it is appropriate, that it should be posted here.

V8Archie

should have known....

and i throw links for 60*v6 up here all the time...as long as its relevant, i don't see an issue.