need some info on a engine swap

95cutty96

Alright so I'm getting tired of my 96 cutlass running so slow at the strip so I'm going to swap my 3100 out of it into my 92 euro easy enough the one I need a little advise on is......dropping a northstar in the cutlass so any help would be great thanks in advance. Jesse

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 95cutty96

• RobertISaar

• Genopsyde

• jake91

i know dropping one of those into a takes quite a bit of work to drop into one of our cars. someone on here swapped in a northstar into his MC. can't remember his name but im sure someone will chime in.

Keep in mind, even if you can get it to fit (1.5 gen firewalls are slightly different), your still going to be dissatisfied that there is still a very slim aftermarket.

Really, if you want something with an aftermarket, and are willing to do a swap (which you will need another vehilce for, since your car will be down for quite a while), the L36/L67 is probably the best bang for the buck. You can upgrade to a large port 3x00, but again, aftermarket is limited.

The fact that, depending on what year Northstar he gets, will be similar in power to an L67. Then he will have to face that if he wants to modify it, most everything will be custom.

I am by no means a person to promote the L36/L67. In fact, I can't stand the damn things. But, bang for the buck performance, it's his best bet.

Now lets just see if he is dreaming, just like 90% of the people that ask about engine swaps.

yeah i just quoted what it said because i had no damn clue :lol:

thats what i figured, but its not the first time i've seen somebody advertise a northstar around 400HP/400TQ stock.

Alright I'm going to do it. Anyone know by chance what the quarter mile time would be around in my 96 cutlass 2 door?

depends on what all else you do to it. dead stock, whatever l67 Ws run factory, like low 15, high 14, something like that. a northstar should be lower, but not by much...

I'm going to do the northstar swap fuck the l67 btw does anyone know if the newer impala sub frames are a direct bolt on? Thanks, jesse

I would do the l67 but I always want to be different and like that stupid look that people give you when you open the hood and there is something that they would never expect us there

I'm going to do the northstar swap fuck the l67 btw does anyone know if the newer impala sub frames are a direct bolt on? Thanks, jesse

what do impala subframes have to do with a northstar swap? and as mentioned before, the only person anybody can remember doing the swap is 98montels(or something like that), and he put like 18-20 grand into it. he also had some serious engine work done too and is making 450+HP, but it will be expensive, frustrating and time consuming. but it can be done. if i ever have the time/money/resources to do it myself, i will, but that day may never come...

Well that sub frame is lighter and stronger and if you have read any of my other posts money is not the issue but I'm going to go to the first bracket race a week from now then pulling the engines I do all my own work so I can probably do it quite cheaper as I really only plan on getting about 300 out of the n*