• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 95cutty96

• RobertISaar

• Genopsyde

• jake91

i was waiting for when you would ask that...

w-bodies aren't sports cars, if you want to go fast, find a f-body that hasn't been beaten to shit, you'll get much more speed for the money.

that being said, it will be cheaper to get a L67 to perform at least as well as a NS for far less money. just don't bitch about BBQs

Well see the thing is I really like my car so I want to do it to the cutlass I like w bodys for some horrible reason hence the reason that I have 3 of them

Well see the thing is I really like my car so I want to do it to the cutlass I like w bodys for some horrible reason hence the reason that I have 3 of them

thats probably true for 90% of the members on here, we like our cars, a lot, but they are underpowered.

well, then the tribe has spoken: L67.

as much as i hate the damn thing, its a performance bargain... you try finding a FWD GM motor that makes 240HP/280?TQ for $1000 or less at junkyards, and it will be a L67 almost every time.

personally, i'm going to get a 3900 working in the monte(running on obd1) when i have the chance. if i really get some money going, expect to see me in a 2006 Monte LTZ with a F40 from a G6 in it.

Yes I hate it myself but I have seen lots of them running in the 13s so I guess I'll just have to suck it up I don't feel like spending 4000 right now just for engine and trans then the pcm and everything that goes with the install

That will be a nice little Monte when you get done with it looking forward to hearing about that one

all of my ideas are basiccly limited by one thing: lack of money. until that issue is solved, its staying the way it is. but yes the idea is very nice, and i have a feeling that it would probably be a widespread thing to do if i(or someone else) gets it done right and documents everything. 240/240 is awesome compared to what most w-bodies came with stock, and since its not a 3800, it won't have that exhaust note that embaresses the driver and passengers.

Yes I hate it myself but I have seen lots of them running in the 13s so I guess I'll just have to suck it up I don't feel like spending 4000 right now just for engine and trans then the pcm and everything that goes with the install

if your just upset its not going to be a v8. what about an 4.0 aurora engine they put down 250hp and they are plentiful at junkyards

if your just upset its not going to be a v8. what about an 4.0 aurora engine they put down 250hp and they are plentiful at junkyards

but he will still have the installation issues of a northstar but without the extra power...

again, something i've considered, but for the reason mentioned above, i dropped the idea.

WeLl yes it sure would be great to have the piece of mind knowing that there is a 300 horse v8 under the hood but I guess I'm going to have to stoop to the l67 swap damnit :headshake:

• 2 weeks later...

Alright sorry I'm all over the place on the stuff on my car but I let the wife have the 96 cutlass for a daily driver so I'm working on the euro now any ideas how to make that one fast I'm not sure what I want to do with it at all so I'm open to anyones ideas its just sitting in the garage with no engine or trans untill I figure out what I'm going to do with it

i suggest going with an aurora 4.0 northstar. physically smaller and would be a lot easier to swap compared to the caddy 4.6

its the same block, just debored... and maybe the same heads. intake is different, though