As anyone done Aftermarket intercoolers???

dkorinko

I was just trying to see if i was the only one here who has done an intercooler upgrade??? I grabbed an intercooler off a 95 Twin turbo supra and had it mounted in the front of the car, right behind that black honey comb looking stuff. The intercooler is much better then the stock one...I dropped 8/10 of a sec off my 1/4 time with it.

Yeah I have heard that the intercoolers off those big diesel trucks work really well. But we all know how beautiful the TGP is and I wouldnt want to be cutting up any of the body. I was able to mount my intercooler without cutting any of the body! :)

Guest TurboSedan
I think the dodge ram IC would work great (like the Turbo regal & Shelby / GLH guys are running.)

yeah, my brother is using a BIG NPR intercooler in his '86 GLH Turbo. that thing is going to be in the high 13's right off the bat.

joshua

Yeah my buddy steve has an intercooler from a ford diesel in his chevy manza. It has a buick Grand National motor in it, he is running 18 PSI. He runs 12.25 out at the track on street tires and the elevation is like 2500 ft or something. its fast as hell.

email me the pictures Platjblser@aol.com and I'll host/post them for you. Are you the one from the TGP board that I asked for pics of the supra intercooler? I would imagine so being that no two TGP owners have likely used those intercoolers. I have a large front mount out of a volvo sitting in my garage for later use/for sale if anyone wants it...I plan on picking up an Izuzu NPR intercooler for my future daily driver that I'm looking at :wink:

Ok, that sounds good, I will email them to you tomorrow...and i guess you will post them on the site for me?? That will be cool, I appreciate, You will have the pics tomorrow, thanks again.