'New' Pioneer deck issues

supreme_style21

I have a Pioneer deck I bought probably 3 years ago. I put it in the CS I had at the time and it worked just fine. Wasn't in the car for more than a few months when I found a big sale on the Alpine I had wanted, so I bought the Alpine and stuck the Pioneer on a shelf in the garage. Probably sat there for almost 2 years. Now it doesn't work right. Everything works fine except the CD player. Put a CD in and you get nothing but insane static. It was last summer when I tried it, so I don't remember anything specific, but I do remember when I put a CD in, it was all static.. it recognized the cd.. I just don't remember if I could flip through tracks. If I could, it was all static.. I couldn't get it to play anything. What happened to the thing? I hate to throw away the stupid thing since I paid for it and never really used it.

Did it get all dusty sitting in the garage?

No not really. I moved stuff around all the time in there, so nothing sat around in one spot forever. I think I had another radio sitting on top of it. It was inside, but it was exposed to the heat and cold, but nothing that it wouldn't have experienced inside a car. I can't see any large amount of dust getting inside of it.. it would have saw more dust mounted in my car, as I lived on gravel roads then. In the past, I've had Pioneers last around 2 years with the amount of gravel dust that got pumped into them.

I havent seen a problem like that. Did tyou get static on the radio to or just cd?

No, the radio worked fine.. as soon as I put a CD in, it all went haywire.