Windshield Washers Nonfunctional

Stevo

No, they are not out of fluid. :mrgreen:

Thinking my oil pan was leaking. I took the car in to get it checked only to find that the transmission lines were leaking. (don't ask, the explanation would be an essay and a half).

Since it was snowing out at the time and the car was right there up on the hoist with the parts, I decided to let the mechanic replace the lines. Now for some reason, my windshield wipers that worked to clear the frost off the windshield before I took it in no longer work, no sound of the pump 'trying'.

Does anyone have a clue wtf is going on here? I tried to see if the connector was dislodged from the container's pump but I can't see shit as it seems that they put the whole deal inside the fender well. Can anyone direct me as to what to do here? It's annoying as hell.

Ok ... It appears to be located on the outside of the tank inside the fender well. I don't have a tester to see if any wires are pulled and it appears that the connector IS plugged in. So one of two things are happening...

The Wires are pulled apart somewhere along the way.

The Washer motor is toast (I've never EVER had that happen before).

Actually, first thing to check would be the fuses. I have come across the odd vehicle where the washer just quits working and it turns out to be a bad fuse.I'm not exactly sure what it would be called, but should be something like wipe or wash. If the fuses check out, then I would move on to the actual wiring. It is possible that a wire was hooked when the car was being worked on.

That was the first thing I checked ... the only problem is that I cannot find the fuse for the washer pump.

Would it be intermixed with other items? For example...

DIC/HVAC = Rear Defog, HVAC, Driver Information Center, Daytime Running Lamps, Heated Seats

or

Would it be titled as something completely different?

I'm not seeing anything else that would be non-functional which would lead me to a group of things under one fuse. My wipers work without issue.

Found the solution.

It was on a general care trouble website. Unfortunately the solution was not solved on this forum.

Thanks.

-Please close this thread admins.