zipper's back seat

zipper

I posted this on the Monte Carlo forum already, but I wanted to share over here too. This is the before pic:

100_3702.jpg

And the after pics:

100_3704.jpg

100_3705.jpg

100_3706.jpg

100_3707.jpg

And a special thanks to ripp for the seats. I think they look great in the Monte.

Very nice. I want to swap in leather buckets (front and back) in my Z this summer if i can too. Those look very good in the back, makes it look alot sportier.

Thank you everyone. The car does "feel" a lot sportier now with the buckets in. I'm still smiling every time I get in the car. It looks good. Some day I'll swap some Cutlass front seats to match the back seats, but I'm going to wait for awhile. I have a couple different projects that I want to focus on now.

i love my rear buckets! i can completely understand the grining! especially whenever people ride in it and ask if they came like that...

congrats bud! welcome to the club!

I like it, you should try to find something nice to do with the space left (right on top of the armrest) you have some nice size space to do some stuff, I don't know what tho :lol:

Did you cut or drill anything to make the seats and console fit?

If this sounds weird I'll explain after you answer.

The seats I didn't, but it does look like I'm going to have to drill or something for the center console. It's currently floating right now. Any ideas are welcome.

The seats I didn't, but it does look like I'm going to have to drill or something for the center console. It's currently floating right now. Any ideas are welcome.

I drilled, but did you snag the pieces that the console bolts to? If you did, use some 2-part epoxy and attach them to the floor that way.

What about the pass-thru? On my lumina I had to cut some metal away to make the pass through fully opened.

that is not a weird question, i left mine floating, no one sits back there anyway, so i left it alone as well.

i am a little leery to be drilling in there, considering the gas tank is pretty much right there....i am a lucky guy, but not that lucky.

I did pick up all the pieces for the back seat, I'm just debating about what to do really. The pass-thru seems to work good actually. I can't remember for sure but I'll check it out later today. Eventually the center console will be secure though. I mean, people rarely sit in my back seat as well, but I would still like everything to be functional.

Looks amazing. I love the rear buckets. They are amazingly comfortable. Nice work on them, but get the console secured. The last thing you need in an accident is console-from-head-removal-surgery.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks amazing. I love the rear buckets. They are amazingly comfortable. Nice work on them, but get the console secured. The last thing you need in an accident is console-from-head-removal-surgery.

I'm going to do the same thing in the back of my Cutlass, I want to put some speakers something like this on the outside of the seats.

http://www.xplodsony.com/img/products/2009/lg/XS-W3521.jpg

and maybe a ten or a twelve inch sub with a red grill in the middle. I used to have a 15" kicker comp in the trunk and that just rattles everything loose but I don't think that a little more bass than factory would hurt and it could break up the back a little. Just an idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't bother drilling bolts for the rear console. It was never bolted into my LE and I had no problems with it going anywhere. The two rear seats hold it pretty snug.

Ive hit some pretty big bumps in mine and the rear console has never gone anywhere and its not bolted down either. I did find some rear buckets at the yard a couple weeks ago but they were the same AQ9s I have now but in a different color.

seats look goodin your car . do you stillneed a front bumper cover?

As a matter of fact, I do still need the front bumper cover. Do you have anything in mind?

And so far, the center console is still unbolted with no problems. I'm loving the seats. Thanks again ripp!

Don't bother drilling bolts for the rear console. It was never bolted into my LE and I had no problems with it going anywhere. The two rear seats hold it pretty snug.

also... you have 1/4" of clearance befor you hit the gas tank! I would epoxy the tabs down myself.... or install the studs next time you drop the tank...