Can this rims be saved?

SrMichi

Well My dad let me borrow his 02 Golf TDI 5 speed because im takng my car to the body shop on monday. i want to be try to fix his messed up rims since he letting me borrow his car for a week. any ideas on what can be done to make them look any better?

Front rims

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

this last one is the same for both rear wheels

DSC00376.jpg

You looking to do it yourself?

there's those "wheels america" places that charge a flat rate per wheel, which might be a good option in your case.

there's those "wheels america" places that charge a flat rate per wheel, which might be a good option in your case.

I was but i guess ill let it be. Maybe if he sells me the car in the future ill save up and fix them or buy new ones.

If anything, just have them mediablasted and powdercoated.

I wouldn't mess with trying to refinish and polish by hand.

That's what I was thinking. Those type of places charge what like $100-150 a wheel? As Matt mentioned it's too much work to do on your own so that would be the better option, if you think they are worth spending money onto. I personally think there are WAY COOLER rims for VWs that you can buy.

I think your best bet would be to refinished the lip area by hand , mask the rivets off and coat the middle with automotive paint of some sort. Wont take much but would look nicely detailed when finished.

i say just have at them. you cant make them worse. what the hell happened to them

He washed his car and put some spray cleaner on them and he must have let them dry up and the clear coat came off then i guess they got raped by salt :eek:

That's what I was thinking. Those type of places charge what like $100-150 a wheel? As Matt mentioned it's too much work to do on your own so that would be the better option, if you think they are worth spending money onto. I personally think there are WAY COOLER rims for VWs that you can buy.

ill just let them be anyways it needs some new tires so ill try to get some package with rims and tires IF he sells me the car in the future.

well if you want you can get some steel wool and a scuff pad and clean them up as much as possiable and then goto autozone and get some WHEEL PAINT and paint them , id do them graphite grey