What you think about that ?! LEDs idea

RedGTP

I have in mind to make his on my cutlass...

When all know, originally .. white band in the back are my lights 'backup' and only the center work .. and my brake/flash are in my red lights on each side ... I had this idea ...

called me what you think and what you like best:)

normaly closed

IMG_0578.jpg

little sequence:

Seqencejaunelow.gif squencerouge.gif

longue sequence:

Seqencejaunehigh.gif squencerougelongue.gif

noted that the speed is not representative is the slowest I could do in gif ... I can do electronically what I want .. or almost! lol

Cool idea, I had that idea before, even thought about extending the sequence into the main taillight since amber LEDs still show up amber through the red lens. I'm too lazy to ever do anything about my ideas though.

I would go with amber. I hate red blinkers. There's a reason amber blinkers are mandated in Europe and many other countries, because red ones suck.

Hurry and do it before the new Shelby Mustang comes out, otherwise you'll be a copy cat. I was following a prototype in Detroit the other day, and it had the LED taillamps sequencing a'la orginal Shelby Mustang with T-bird lights.

I had sequential taillights on the Cadillac STS I began driving with...got em from these guys,

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

have the sequential on our fiero's, they look great. we have had them on our car's for about 3 years now. they are from web electric. go on their site to see other cars with sequential lights.

This is cheap!

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/AEC/LED-CHASER-KIT/-/1.html

the only thing is you'd want to set up the brake light wire to a relay to activate the led and power the led's with a seperate battery (since it runs on 3-9 volts)

I don't think that kit would work too well. The 4017 chip on it won't sink enough current to run the kind of high power LEDs you'd need for automotive use. Also, instead of using a separate power source, you'd just need a 9V voltage regulator.

If you wanted to use that kit as a base, best thing to do would probably be to use the 4017 chip to drive transistors which in turn would drive the LEDs with sufficient current. MOSFETs would probably be the most efficient since they have a very low On resistance.