What the diference between the 4t60 and the 4t60HD?

IBuiltMine-o1oo

Ok, people!

Ive got big plans!

I decided on a new project... a quick craigslist search turned up exactly The car I was looking for, and an hour drive, and $500 bucks, and im the new proud owner of a 91 Buick LeSabre! Its got the White with grey interior, 80k something miles... BEAUTIFUL car!

Now, this is why I was wanting one. Its got a 3800 Series II and a 4T60 tranny!

Now, This is a total Sleeper project car... I have already been out to the junkyard, and eyeballed the whole intake and blower off of a GTP for a good price.

What I want to know, is what is the ACTUALL diferences of the regual and the HD?

Most of all can I beef up the regular to hold like an HD? Or should I just get an HD tranny out og the GTP, along with the top end?

This things only going to be driven hard when its driven....

Thanks!!!

if it's a '91 Lesabre it will have a Series-I (L27) unless someone swapped a Series II in there.

Nope... 88 to 91. series two! all factory! HA!

Im not going to be doing neutral drops or burnouts, just some roll on full throttle runs, and a few off the line full throttle starts....

I just needed a round town car, and I cant have just a normal car!

'91-'95 = Series-I L27. actually 95 could be both depending on whether it was S/C or not ie, a '95 Bonneville SSEi with S/C was still Series-I L67, but a '95 naturally aspirated Bonneville SSE would have the Series-II L36. the Series II Supercharged L67 started a year later in '96.

a 91 LeSabre would have the LN3 3800

LN3s are the best, lol.

But yeah, if your '91 LeSabre has a Series ll 3800, then it was swapped.

Here's the engine rundown for the 1986-1991 LeSabre:

1986-1988 had the LG3 available, rated for 150 hp and 200 tq

1988-1991 had the LN3 available, rated for 165 hp and 210 tq, and finally,

1991 had the L27 available, rated for 170 hp and 220 tq.

Give us some pictures of your car and the engine bay. Perhaps a VIN number would be useful as well. That way, we can figure things out for sure.

i think some people just get confused by the 3800 "Series" becuase the LN3 had "3800" on top of it. so maybe some people thought the LN3 was the Series I, which was actually the L27 starting in '91....which didn't even have "Series-I" written on top of it somewhere. you would think the '95+ Series-II (L36) would have actually been called the Series-III and the newer L26 Series-IV. i don't know why the whole series naming scheme started with the '91 L27.