W bodies with the Wrong stock wheels

ns87

I see the Tags are sitten on the dash.........if i still lived in Texas.....id go to the junk yard just to collect licence plates.....since they stay w/ the cars there and those cars will never b driven again.

Technically, not anymore. The tax offices are trying to convince owners to keep their plates and destroy them when they sell their cars. I kept the plates off my green '79 Delta 88. It forces the new owner to buy their own plates, prevents tolltag and red light camera tickets in the mail, like we got with the last two Intrepids my family sold. Red '96 ran about a dozen red lights before it got impounded and we were able to show the sale date written on the title, STILL IN THE GLOVEBOX, unsigned. But it was wrecked so I didn't buy it back from the yard. The white '97 I sold to a friend ran six toll plazas. She didn't think she did it. After I showed her the dates, she realized she had let her brother drive it. All she had to pay was $3.60, but had my wife had to pay the fines it would have been more like $280.00...

My 92 with 14 inch Cutlass Ciera wheels. I had the proper 16 inch 5 spokes but the tires were balding and I had a set of 215-70-14 tires from my old minivan that were practically new. Do what ya gotta do to save a few bucks. She's my beater anyways. :biggrin:

SD530377.jpg

Some of the oldest CS got those exact wheels in 14inch also. My 1990 came stock with them in 15inch. Nothing personal, but soooo ugly :lol:

I like them much more than the pie wheels...

SD530370.jpg

That looks exactly like my buddy's brother's bonne. 94 I think, SSE. It has somewhere around 240k on it, and it was freakin gorgeous until he got into an accident with it :(