W bodies with the Wrong stock wheels

ns87

Exploder wheels on a Lumina?

Well, same 5x114.3 bolt pattern as Mustangs...but...not like there's a non-Ford center cap for them. Wonder if this one ended up in a rollover.

Well, same 5x114.3 bolt pattern as Mustangs...but...not like there's a non-Ford center cap for them. Wonder if this one ended up in a rollover.

hillbilly hell Arkansas. prolly found it at a tire shop. only one on the car

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe that to be a 1954 Dodge Kingsway. It appears to be a taxi as well but I doubt those are W body Lumina wheels, more likely Lumina APV wheels.

Nope, those are the Lumina wheels. I have em on my Z34. Well one of em is serving as  my full size spare on my Cutlass until I get my  19 inch wheels fixed. Although originalwheels.com lists the W body wheel design as available to the van as well, with the same part number (1665). Lumina APV's had the same bolt pattern as the W's, although I'm not sue of their backspacing. I know 1st gen W's have funky backspacing (41mm or so). 

Funny thing is that the van had better wheel options... or so the website says.

Available in 1990 and 1991

chevrolet-luminavan-wheels-1543.jpg

Available 1994-1996

chevrolet-luminavan-rims-5037.jpg

The pic looks like they blacked out the center cap to cover (or shave off) the bowtie.

I'm more curious to know how it got all the way to Cuba.

Would they really be any different between the APV and car?  I can't see GM making 2 identical wheels differently for both vehicles.  

you mean like the early GP alloy 5 spoke wheels that were available as both 15 and 16" varieties?

• 3 weeks later...

20160415_105141.jpg

My 08 Impala with some 16" Bonny wheels i got at a junker. Don't know what year exactly but they're better than the factory steelies and caps that i had on.

I'm looking to find some 17" GP wheels though. I dont really care for any factory 17" wheels that was offered on the 00-13 Impalas.

• 4 months later...