W bodies with the Wrong stock wheels

ns87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found a GP rim next to a CS coupe and stuck it on to see what it would look like. I also thought about getting a set of Olds 5-spoke rims chrome dipped and repaint the Olds rocket logo in the same metallic aqua my car is. That cutlass is really the (Adriatic?) metallic blue.

Edited by rich_e777

no, the adriatic blue is lighter. That is the medium cloissonne blue or however they spell it.

Bad paint but this is the adriatic blue.

1997_oldsmobile_cutlass_supreme_4_dr_sl_sedan-pic-6392765369784388447.jpeg

I had the 16x8 Grand Prix wheels on my Cutlass Convertible and loved them, even if they stuck out a little bit.

black1.jpg

DSC04863.jpg

Aww hell, lets go for more of my own fleet with wrong wheels.

white04.jpg

When I got the convertible, it didn't have wheels at all, so I took the good wheels off of my teal 1995 Cutlass Supreme to get it down here.

I needed to drive my teal one so I took the wheels off of my 1990 STE to drive my 1995 locally (the wheels were not good enough to make the trip from Austin back to my small town).

I then put a spare set of 16x8's on the STE which had REALLY BAD tires on them. In the end, I put the STE wheels back on the STE, the stock olds wheels back on the TEAL 1995, and then got new tires for the 16x8's, painted them black, and put them on the 1994 Convertible.

Edited by Taylor

IMG_0887.jpg

Prolly hard to see with the resize but my olds rockets were body matched. Looked tight.

Pretty sure the name of this color is bright aqua metallic. At lest for 94 it was. Cant recall the paint code though.