Rainwater behind rear seat in vinyl well.

DavidHowell3633

What are the most likely problems causing this? Should I pull the moulding off the rear third brake light or is there some hidden drain that might be clogged. Top is a year old. Thanks.

I had that problem.

New top.

I'm guessing the stitching around the rear window is bad as well?

IIRC some verts had drains back there, but mine didn't. New top was the only way to fix it. The stitching is gone. I had to vacuum out back there with a shopvac after every rainstorm.

Other postings refer to epoxy sealant around the window. I don't think mine has any sealant at all. No, the stitching is fine on my one-year old top. Thanks

when they replaced the top did you get a new back window and flap as well cuz that is where the stitching comes undone happened to mine as well a little RTV and some bricks for pressure 10 minutes fixed that.

that doesnt sound ike your problem

if it is all new check for sagging on the sides of the rear window maybe rain is getting in that way

I put the top up and forgot about it...They were ripped on the old top so I never tucked them in and since I put on the new top, I forget they are there...:lol:

Come to think of it...I'm wondering if my leak is where the top is fastened in the quarter panel...I put some weatherproofing on one side, but didn't do the other because I couldn't find my other roll of weatherproofing. Now I found it and been too lazy to pull off the trim...Which I should do because the trim is all boogered up and isn't fitting right.

I noticed a nice puddle in mine this morning...I left the flaps unfolded though and perhaps that's what caused it for me.

what flaps are you talking about, and where i water leaking in at, and what is it puddling in

To answer the question: Yes, I got a new glass window when I had the top put on. I've read the posts and there seems to be no standard as far as drainage tubes. I have not found any drain on mine. The tabs are folded into the top nicely and I would suspect poor sealing along the staple line at this point. Well, thanks for the replies. (Be sure to silicone gel those rubber weatherstrips around the doors. I had to crawl across the console the other morning).

To answer the question: Yes, I got a new glass window when I had the top put on. I've read the posts and there seems to be no standard as far as drainage tubes. I have not found any drain on mine. The tabs are folded into the top nicely and I would suspect poor sealing along the staple line at this point. Well, thanks for the replies. (Be sure to silicone gel those rubber weatherstrips around the doors. I had to crawl across the console the other morning).

Just put silicon spray on my doors on the GTP so i should be good for the winter

I noticed a nice puddle in mine this morning...I left the flaps unfolded though and perhaps that's what caused it for me.

what flaps are you talking about, and where i water leaking in at, and what is it puddling in

I believe we are referring to the flaps on the left and right side of the rear window and water puddles in the well. as tops get old those flaps tend to stray from folding back into the right tucked position and you have to do it manually. its quick as you walk away from the car you just finger the sides of the rear glass and tuck them in.

• 4 weeks later...

It has been raining and I found a leak that has cause my trunk to be wet.

The spot weld on the top left corner of the trunk opening, near the hinge, was welded deeply and it has now created a small hole.

Since it's 30 degrees, I patched with warmed POR-15 A/B Epoxy putty. I checked the right side and it may get that way someday too.

Just fyi.

• 2 months later...