4 door to 2 door front end swap?

1988s10

well just to ask. can it be done. i have a 1997 olds cutlass supreme 4door. and well the nose is looking like poop. me and my buddy have a 1994 cutlass supreme convertable parts car. it has a nice nose on it. can i swap it all over? i know i'll have to paint everything(my car is black the other is red).

I want the exact same thing done on my GP. I have a 4 door and i want the 2 door front end. It has been done. A guy who is on another site like this one did it. He has the same car as you and he said it took him a few months to do it. So it is possible but it just takes time and im pretty sure money.

Hotrodolds did this swap (along with an L67 swap).  There's a lot of work involved besides the front bumper cover and headlights.  You will also need the fenders and hood off the coupe, and some fabrication even with all that to get the hood to clear the fenders/shut.  Here's his cardomain page, and his w-body.com intro.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/924507/9

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=65828.0

Hotrodolds did this swap (along with an L67 swap).  There's a lot of work involved besides the front bumper cover and headlights.  You will also need the fenders and hood off the coupe, and some fabrication even with all that to get the hood to clear the fenders/shut. 

i am pretty sure you don't need to swap out hoods, i have seen plently of 4dr Gps with GTP hoods on em, which technically came off of a 2dr, but yah, it isn't real cut and dry, it is somewhat painful of a swap. if you are a doing a GP, i would worry about not having the fender flairs and all line up with the rest of the car because of the B4U body kit that the 4dr is absent of.

good luck though! if you do it, we will all need pics!

He's doing this on a Cutlass, and for some reason, unlike the GPs, there are some pretty significant differences on the front end of the 2-door and 4-door on those.

I actually just picked up a second job becaus i want to do this swap on my GP. I have a 93 4 door LE and i want to do the coupe swap. I heard itz not as hard as the cutlass. But i think all i need to do is find a 93 or later GP 2 door so that the panels will line up more. But i am on my way to attempting this tho. Hopefully it will turn out as good as Hotrodolds'

He's doing this on a Cutlass, and for some reason, unlike the GPs, there are some pretty significant differences on the front end of the 2-door and 4-door on those.

ah, okay.

i was posting up about the GP because of gpkidd_4_life, he is talkin of doing it. that sounds like more work then its worth!

ah, okay.

i was posting up about the GP because of gpkidd_4_life, he is talkin of doing it. that sounds like more work then its worth!

I dont think so. But i dont plan on doing it until i get another daily driver. Hopefully that will be sometime in January or February. Then i will start my major work on making my car look the way i want it. But on the GP 2 door of the same year as mine, i believe that tha body lines are about the same. only some slight mods may be needed unlike the ton of work that hotrodolds had to do. But I def will let everyone kno how my plans turn out.