How do I install a front STB?

Piston.Hurricane

Guys,

I've never worked on a front-wheeler w/struts before. Help a brutha out with some info.

STB is from a '93 Cutlass convertible and is being installed on a '99 Monte.

When I tried unbolting the old plates (car was on the ground), it looked like the studs were sinking into the tower. I also tried it with the front end up in the air, but it still looked like they were gonna disappear into the tower.

Do I need to compress the springs first?

PH

It's a simple bolt on, takes 10 minutes at the most...Take the old plates off, put the STB on...the studs shouldn't be disappearing.

I agree. It only took me about two minutes to get it off the Cutlass (wheels gone, front end off the ground). Never the less, my studs appeared to be sinking.

I think the plate was rising... the car must be on the ground when you mess with the bar.

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention when taking one off a vert at the j/y. This car was up in the air, when I unbolted the STB the entire front suspension assembly collapsed.

I'm not sure what the heck was going on before, but I got it installed. Guess I picked the wrong day to quit drinkin'.

It's always a bad day to quit drinking!

I think the plate was rising... the car must be on the ground when you mess with the bar.

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention when taking one off a vert at the j/y. This car was up in the air, when I unbolted the STB the entire front suspension assembly collapsed.

Did ya jump back a bit? lollolol

Just a tad :lol:

I'm not sure what the heck was going on before, but I got it installed. Guess I picked the wrong day to quit drinkin'.

It's always a bad day to quit drinking!

been there before! always a fun thing to see! keeps you on your toes!

The one you sold me?! :lol:

yah man, true story! that thing was definitely an interesting pull....it wouldnt come off for the life of me, and when it finally did, the thing dropped liked a freaking rock!

89 is even more rare than the 99s...;)

And I'm bi...get it right. :D

fine. be bi. it was not a 93, it was pre-93. i am more of a GP guy. sorry.

fine. i dont know what year it was.

it had the older 3.1 v6, and looked old.

89 is even more rare than the 99s...;)

And I'm bi...get it right. :D

fine. be bi. it was not a 93, it was pre-93. i am more of a GP guy. sorry.

fine. i dont know what year it was.

it had the older 3.1 v6, and looked old.

I'm jus f-ckin with ya boy...

;)