Weird electrical problem

shadow

I noticed when I press the brake pedal both the left and right turn signal flash once? I also noticed while pressing the brake pedal I hear a slight on & off buzzing sound behind the dash? The lights will dim slightly each time I hear this buzz sound? This car frustrates me!! :willynilly:

the pmIII pump motor running.

you need to do something about the charging system. get some new battery cables and charge wire and clean your grounds or something. otherwise the car is going to just go to crap.

the pmIII pump motor running.

you need to do something about the charging system. get some new battery cables and charge wire and clean your grounds or something. otherwise the car is going to just go to crap.

Where are these grounds and wires located? I just installed a new battery a few weeks ago and the wires connected looked good to me. In stop & go traffic the battery died dead all of a sudden? I jumped the car and it started right up. Stop & go traffic bumper to bumper seems to drain the battery I guess?

I noticed when I press the brake pedal both the left and right turn signal flash once? I also noticed while pressing the brake pedal I hear a slight on & off buzzing sound behind the dash? The lights will dim slightly each time I hear this buzz sound? This car frustrates me!! :willynilly:

My TGP used to do all of those. I have since replaced all grounds and had my factory alternator rebuilt with high amp internals. I don't remember if that stuff went away or not.. I know the turn signal flash and dimming lights bugged me!

The buzzing is just the PMIII cycling. That is normal.

those wires will always look the same on all tgps untill you take them off and cut them open and see for yourself the copper inside is green and corroded. the alt upgrades can be deceiving and are not always upgrades but the charge wire can be upgraded to let the power flow no matter what alt you have.

I did a alt swap for true UP-grade with a 95-newer gm delco alt - (CS130D) ftw but also did countless other mods to ensure wide open power flow to the hungry tgp electronics which perform optimally with 13.5v and above. trust me they do not like 11 or even 12 volts and will get pissed off and quit. increasing the outer diameter of the cable and decrease the diameter of the strand is the way to increase the potential flow of power. and power flows through a complete circuit meaning + and -. grounds are equally important as the charge wire.

those wires will always look the same on all tgps untill you take them off and cut them open and see for yourself the copper inside is green and corroded. the alt upgrades can be deceiving and are not always upgrades but the charge wire can be upgraded to let the power flow no matter what alt you have.

I did a alt swap for true UP-grade with a 95-newer gm delco alt - (CS130D) ftw but also did countless other mods to ensure wide open power flow to the hungry tgp electronics which perform optimally with 13.5v and above. trust me they do not like 11 or even 12 volts and will get pissed off and quit. increasing the outer diameter of the cable and decrease the diameter of the strand is the way to increase the potential flow of power. and power flows through a complete circuit meaning + and -. grounds are equally important as the charge wire.

I'm positive that he did a good job on the alt build. I know that it is somewhere in the 180-200 Amp range. I also added 4 gauge charge wire from the alt to the battery to supplement the factory charge wire.

And yes, these cars hate low voltage! :lol:

I am just a big fan of the next generation of alts. they do not overheat and stop charging because they have internal fans and stay way cooler. ever notice that you cant even touch the old style ones because they get about as hot as the turbo? :lol: for every 100 degrees you lose about 10 % of your output.