Are there better trailing arms out there?

Piston.Hurricane

Guys,

I'm looking to replace the rear trailing arms on my '99 Monte with something much stronger. I've seen you guys talking about tubular units, but I don't know where to get them. Help a brutha out.

Thanks,

PH

Oh, im currently using later links from a 01 Impala. They are a bit longer. If you are able to camber your rear end (i.e. the struts are slotted for this reason) then you will effectively move the wheel out!! Looks better, and the increase track width helps with handling and stability

Get the GMPP ones and put less compliant bushings in there. There are also tubular ones with polyurethane bushings on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-05-Grand-Prix-Regal-Monte-Carlo-Rear-Trailing-Arms_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1419Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem140269735859QQitemZ140269735859

I honestly think you'll see nice improvements in handling with just polyurethane bushings in your current arms, You'll see even more with tubular arms, and they will be stronger and wont bend or break in extreme situations.

Oh man that looks sweet!

Where did you get that fat sway bar? I'm looking for a set of bars for my Monte. My rear one looks like a length of wire next to yours.

It looks like an Addco bar...I would go with a stock 1995-96 Z34 rear bar as they are 7/8ths and no fitment issues.

Can you still get the 95/96 units at the dealer? I'll take a used one if someone has one.

Maybe...Not sure. Used ones should be pretty easy to come by though.

no. well... actually you would be best off with a dealer, since they are rare... (I'm am looking for more)

I checked... the only car that has the 7/8 bar is the 95 ONLY Z34. the 96 I looked at had only a 3/4 bar.

LUMINA CAR 95-96 Rear; 22mm

MONTE CARLO 95-96 Rear; 22mm

Ken is right, only the 95 Z34 would have the 7/8" aka 22mm

We've prolly looked at several dozen, and its only 95.. But kinda funny, even 95 Z34s are guarenteed to have it

I need to find a Z34 at the junkyard!!!!

lol, I have a spare 22mm bar in my garage right now.. I can sell it to you.. I can always go to pull a part and grab another.. Anyway, its for my TGP and due to the rear suspension setup, I might not be able to use it anyway..

PM me if you are interested in it..

lol, I have a spare 22mm bar in my garage right now.. I can sell it to you.. I can always go to pull a part and grab another.. Anyway, its for my TGP and due to the rear suspension setup, I might not be able to use it anyway..

If it's for a 95-99 car, I'll be interested if he doesn't take it. my zip is 92024. PM me.

If it's for a 95-99 car, I'll be interested if he doesn't take it. my zip is 92024. PM me.

Sending PM right now, I havent heard from him yet

Would anybody know the part number to get it from GM? Is it only the Z34 that got the 22mm bar, cuz my lumina rear bar looks pretty beefy and its not a z34, and I dont feel think crawling under it without a jack right now to measure.

Would anybody know the part number to get it from GM? Is it only the Z34 that got the 22mm bar, cuz my lumina rear bar looks pretty beefy and its not a z34, and I dont feel think crawling under it without a jack right now to measure.

Yes, only 95 Z34's could have it!! Hell, Ken and I even found a white 95 Z34 COLUMN SHIFT!! with the 22mm bar.. Now that was an oddball car