Where's this vacuum line end up?

daszanto

'92, Lumina Euro, 3.1L, 3t40, Mother-in-Laws Car. I was taking off front bumper to repaint and found a broken vacuum line. There's a vacuum reservoir in front of the LF tire behind bumper kinda shaped like a round toilet bowl float. Vacuum line is broken off right at the reservoir. I followed it up and behind the battery and its also broken off right where it exits from behind the battery. The vacuum routing label in engine comp. doesn't even show it! I figure that since its to a vacuum reservoir it might go to a tee. I can't find where it goes!!! Anybody knows where this thing ends up? Thanks, Dave.

I can't remember the exact order to it but there should be a clusterfuck of vacuum lines over there. There's a line that runs behind the brake booster I think and down into the wiring bundle coming out of the driver's side of the firewall. This line should T to the cruise control and then continues down to the vacuum ball I think. (there's also a large rubber line that goes from the cruise into the firewall area, this is not the one I'm talking about. that goes to the vacuum dump switch @ the brake pedal).

also don't confuse anything with the washer fluid pump line.

Thanks for the help. I may be on the right track. This broken line is about 1/8" diam. The cruise control has 2 vacuum ports on it, one big and one small. Big one is about 3/8" diam and is connected. The small port has nothing connected. Does the broken 1/8" line connect directly to this (direct from vacuum res. to cruise?) or is there more missing pieces? Thanks again.

Thanks again. Can't get ahold of Mother-in-Law, must be playing bingo or something, to ask if hvac or cruise issues(I'm going to assume the cruise has issues w/ the unconnecterd port). I guess my issue now is, if 1. If the vacuum reservoir is ONLY for cruise, then connect reservoir directly to cruise modulator. OR 2. If reservoir is also used for something else, then from reservoir to a tee(which I can not find if it's there), then to cruise and then to something else. Very helpful posts so far, makes life easier w/ people wanting to help!!! 1 or 2? Thanks.

there ya go, just ignore the turbo portion in your case :lol: also you won't have one going to the EGR valve but other than that it's good.