New Radio for the Cutlass.

Venom

Well Ive decided I really don't like having to take off my faceplate for my Pioneer every time I get out of my car and I really don't want my car broken into and it stolen (Ive had 5 stolen in the last 8 years), so I snagged this beauty off Craigslist for $20:

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

Came out of a 99 Blazer. Has the cooling fan on the back and the AUX connector to wire up an I Pod or something. Someone before me had cut the wiring plug for an aftermarket radio, so I had to "borrow" the harness out of my Astro van :lol:. Luckily I have another one on order.

Only one ear lined up with the holes in the dash so I used a self tapping screw on the other and its holding just fine. Cant beat the deal I got on it since these radios usually go for $95 or so on Ebay.

Now I just hope my SWRC work with the radio once I get them wired up.

Bwahahaha

in teh ghetto :lol:

with your luck, some 'colorful' person will steal yank that bitch :lol:

Chances are...that's why I don't go where they live. I actually get scared in the ghetto.

I still can't believe that you swapped out the dash that had a double din opening .....SOOOOO many high end options available with the double din....although with going back to a stock deck, it doesn't appear that you are looking to go that route.

$20 is a damn good price for that deck too :thumb:

I still can't believe that you swapped out the dash that had a double din opening .....SOOOOO many high end options available with the double din....although with going back to a stock deck, it doesn't appear that you are looking to go that route.

thats why i modded my dash after the swap to accept the double din sized touchscreen in my car..

Bwahahaha

Chances are...that's why I don't go where they live. I actually get scared in the ghetto.

im not scared of the ghetto, but I lived in Mansfield as long as I can remember, so i was used to it

thats why i modded my dash after the swap to accept the double din sized touchscreen in my car..

Bwahahaha

im not scared of the ghetto, but I lived in Mansfield as long as I can remember, so i was used to it

Around here, in the deep ghetto...it's scary. I still want to go through it in the GMC though. No exhaust, train horns, 30's siren, without the bed on, and a huge rebel flag on the back of the cab :lol: I wouldn't make it out alive but I'd sure have fun doing it.

I used to tear through the ghetto in my black 84 T/A, slammed to the ground, dumping teh clutch using all 8 cylinders and 4 barrels while jamming to Pantera!! I do beleive I got shot at a few times... would explain teh one hole in my rear bumper

I used to tear through the ghetto in my black 84 T/A, slammed to the ground, dumping teh clutch using all 8 cylinders and 4 barrels while jamming to Pantera!! I do beleive I got shot at a few times... would explain teh one hole in my rear bumper

Made me laugh when I played Grand Theft Auto, the San Andreas one, at a friend's house. It was set on Grove street, that's a pretty major street in the ghetto here too :eek:

Nah I don't live in the ghetto, I just live in the nice neighborhood where the ghetto ppl like to "shop" :evil:

Plus I'm not a car audio guy anymore, not just because of the theft factor, it just doesn't really interest me anymore. I still love to rock out to some Disturbed or Tool and will probably upgrade the speakers with an amp and crossovers, but I like the more clean "factory" look I have now instead of some aftermarket piece sticking out that doesn't even fill the void completely. I would much rather hide everything and enjoy it without anyone else having to know.

AFWIW: The dash swap was the best thing I have done to the car so far.

Nah I don't live in the ghetto, I just live in the nice neighborhood where the ghetto ppl like to "shop" :evil:

Plus I'm not a car audio guy anymore, not just because of the theft factor, it just doesn't really interest me anymore. I still love to rock out to some Disturbed or Tool and will probably upgrade the speakers with an amp and crossovers, but I like the more clean "factory" look I have now instead of some aftermarket piece sticking out that doesn't even fill the void completely. I would much rather hide everything and enjoy it without anyone else having to know.

AFWIW: The dash swap was the best thing I have done to the car so far.

X2!!! I can second this as I did it as well!!

Yeah, I used to be into car audio, but I also like the clean look.. Of course, no radio quite fit my bill of what I wanted, so the touchscreen was the only way to go..

Rob, I woulda used the radio your got, but its styling is sooo off of what my climate control unit looks like, so thats why I opted outta the newer delco radios..

When I get a chance, I will get the wiring diagrams off Mitchell for you for your SWRC. That should give ya a place to start