The Great Grand Prix GT Non-Debate (Recent Post: Louvers?)

GP1138

That car is not rebadged, it's a GT. They're full optioned cars typically with 3.1's. I have pictures of a Black 1991 GT with a luggage rack spoiler that was loaded(gray leather AQ9's, HUD, DIC, etc.)...I took pictures of it back in 2002. Besides it, I've seen a few others just like it from 91-93. All of the ones I've seen have been 3.1 cars, but some members here claim to have seen them with LQ1's(LQ1's were optional on pretty much every trim level GP).

We covered this a long time ago, several times I believe! :lol: GT's exist for a fact. Pretty much every car review site out there lists them. Some of those scans Adam posted a while back might have even had 91-93 GT info on them(?).

Agreed, there's one for sale here locally, the GT coupes stopped after 1993 I believe. To the best of my knowledge again all do NOT have B4U either.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• ManicMechanic

• Addicted to eaton

• jeremy

I find that hard to believe though... those are, upon examination (thank you iPhone camera) not small enough to be 97+ GT badges, but could possibly be '94+ sedan badges... but those are rare as well. I know of one person that owned one, RossGT who used to be on this forum. Other than that, I've never even seen one in person.

I understand he had a 1995 GT Sedan... however as we all know GT coupes existed in the 91-93 model years. I believe they came loaded minus a 3.1.

Oh, I forgot... The GTP package added hood louvres and badges only, and had to be ordered on a GT with minimum ordering requirements as well as the LQ1 upgrade. The GTP package wasn't really "expensive" but you were forced to add certain things in order to get it, upping the price.

I find that hard to believe though... those are, upon examination (thank you iPhone camera) not small enough to be 97+ GT badges, but could possibly be '94+ sedan badges... but those are rare as well. I know of one person that owned one, RossGT who used to be on this forum. Other than that, I've never even seen one in person.

I understand he had a 1995 GT Sedan... however as we all know GT coupes existed in the 91-93 model years. I believe they came loaded minus a 3.1.

He did have a '95 GT sedan... How did you know?!??!?!??!?!

The nearly mint graphite gray leather interior I snagged for the TGP came out of a '92 GT with the 3.4DOHC, and BYP (same exterior color as the one in the OP). I have seen another red one since then.

The nearly mint graphite gray leather interior I snagged for the TGP came out of a '92 GT with the 3.4DOHC, and BYP (same exterior color as the one in the OP). I have seen another red one since then.

I've seen GT's in both B4U and BYP flavors. The ordering requirements in those years were very obscure, but, the general consensus has been that GT's were exceptionally equipped inside, regardless of engine or body trim packages.

I've seen GT's in both B4U and BYP flavors. The ordering requirements in those years were very obscure, but, the general consensus has been that GT's were exceptionally equipped inside, regardless of engine or body trim packages.

What a great thread conclusion :razz:

• 4 weeks later...

So, question. What was the debate surrounding the GP SE's and louvers? I saw a white GP coupe B4U today with "Special Edition" decals and pinstriping with louvers and the 3.4L. I snapped pics with my iPhone but I'm too lazy to post them right now. Refresh my memory.