Why is my car using so much gas?

19Cutlass94

I just skimmed through this thread and skoffed because MY Lumina gets shittier mileage, I think. I estimated probably lower than 20 to the gallon. But, then again, I've done so much high-speed driving and rev limiting that I probably haven't helped the engine much.........and I accelerate HARD.

I've NEVER gotten over 20. Ever. But I enjoy driving and the sounds of the engine as it goes through the rpms..

I just skimmed through this thread and skoffed because MY Lumina gets shittier mileage, I think. I estimated probably lower than 20 to the gallon. But, then again, I've done so much high-speed driving and rev limiting that I probably haven't helped the engine much.........and I accelerate HARD.

I've NEVER gotten over 20. Ever. But I enjoy driving and the sounds of the engine as it goes through the rpms..

With the 3100 :lol: :joke:

so I went back home for the night last night cuz i needed shit from my house for school, and round trip its 170.9miles. I filled up when i got back here and put in 5.122 gallons of 93 of course. and I was going about 64-65mph on the highway, and in the backroads going 55mph and following a big rig half the time, and i got 33.4mpg. :shrug:

THAT IS GREAT!!! These engines LOVE to cruise between 1700-2000 rpm, any higher and the fuel economy drops some. I could never drive under 65 here but I do see a substantial improvement when I do so.

Well the good part is the roads i travel to get to school, theres basically no traffic. If you wanted to, you could cruise at 100mph and never have to slow down for traffic. But at 64-65mph im just a touch above 2000RPM. Like the needle is still on the white bar for 2000RPM, but well you guys get the drift.

NICE

maybe it just needs to be broke in more

or i just need to keep my foot out of it :lol: