New Addco rear sway bar mounting...does it fit with monte carlo hardware?

GJD5

VERIFIED!!!! 1995 Monte carlo Z34s have a 22 MM(7/8) sway bar. 1996 DOES NOT. 1996 Z34s has a 19.5mm (3/4") swaybar.

I am upgrading!!!!!!!!!

p.s. anyone want/need 1996 LQ1 intakes????????

VERIFIED!!!! 1995 Monte carlo Z34s have a 22 MM(7/8) sway bar. 1996 DOES NOT. 1996 Z34s has a 19.5mm (3/4") swaybar.

I am upgrading!!!!!!!!!

I have an update...I removed the 22mm bar from my sisters 95 z34 and guess what...it does not fit on my grand prix. The monte bar hits the backside of the struts on the prix.

So, I think I'm going to get the addco bar and use all the hardware from the 95 monte.

I am upgrading!!!!!!!!!

I have an update...I removed the 22mm bar from my sisters 95 z34 and guess what...it does not fit on my grand prix. The monte bar hits the backside of the struts on the prix.

So, I think I'm going to get the addco bar and use all the hardware from the 95 monte.

Oh yeah? I took one off at the yard and put it up to a small one and it looked like it would fit np.. It would have to clear the strut because the montes strut is the same distance away from the wheel as a grand prixs...

It will probably fit if the bushings at the ends compress it in.

The 5/8 bar fit if I compress it. I compressed it using a ratchet strap and then get the bushings clamped... the lessor car fits. REDGTP used the 3/4" rear bar.

Remember that i suggested that the bushings retainers should be caged to prevent the bushings slipping out.

GJD5... call me at your convince.

Oh yeah? I took one off at the yard and put it up to a small one and it looked like it would fit np.. It would have to clear the strut because the montes strut is the same distance away from the wheel as a grand prixs...

That's what I thought too...that the struts are in the same position. The monte bar was more straight on the sides where the grand prix bar was more curved around the strut. Maybe the monte has a wider trak?

That's what I thought too...that the struts are in the same position. The monte bar was more straight on the sides where the grand prix bar was more curved around the strut. Maybe the monte has a wider trak?

Very weird.. I measured and put them side by side.. It possible that you didnt have it in correctly?

Let me state... that the gen 1.5 bars DO contact the struts, UNTIL the outer mounts are installed properly.

HOW TO INSTALL:

To get the bar into position. You may have to lower the exhaust, and you will have to disconnect one of the struts. once you have the swaybar in position... install the center links. You must use a RATCHET STRAP to compress the swaybar. then get the bar to strut bushings installed. release tension and then ALL should be good.

When I had the monte 22mm bar off and the gp 12mm I put them on top of each other and the monte one was just about 1/4"-1/2" wider on each side. But that was enough to prevent me from getting the strut back on the car and make it work.

I have a addco bar coming...I'll try mounting it with the 22mm monte hangers and bushings.

I will try the 3.4 7/8" 95 bar soon on the 95 cutty. same as you guys say. I will point out... that the bars carry tension on the gen 1.5 cars. I see a few that have pushed their outer bushings outward. however, I think they don't contact the (smaller diameter?) strut.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 2nd gen bar with Monte hangers and bushings. It fits fine, but something does contact. I hear thunking over bumps if there's anyone in the back seat, sounds like metal on metal. I haven't bothered to investigate the source of the noise yet, but I think it's probably hitting the inner fenderwells.