New Addco rear sway bar mounting...does it fit with monte carlo hardware?

GJD5

Does the new revision sway bar from Addco hit anything or make any noise if you use the monte carlo hangers and bushings?

I read a million posts about all the problems but it's hard to tell if people are working with the first or second revision bar. I just want to be able to put it on with factory monte carlo hangers and bushings and have everything be good...not really looking for a modify this or that project...know what I mean.

pity no one remember the rear swaybar upgrade done and documented by REDGTP.

I wish i could stand and say that I know it was perfect... but... I only took corners at 40mph tonight... (in a 25)..... but the rear of my car sticks like glue none the less.

Revision 1 rubs on lowered cars. Revision 2 was bend a tad differently so this would not happen and give you more clearance between everything.

So why would anyone want the first one?

If your car isnt lowered its fine. Besides, even with the second bar, you need to work with it to get it just right, like you do with the first bar. When I ordered my bar I thought Id get the second bar too, but the first revision bar is what came in the box...

i dont think there is a difference in length. its the same bar and the same hanger used for all the W's since its basically the same car... even though one has a monoleaf and other has springs

a couple years back when DOHCV6 set up the re-design w/ Trey at addco

I called Trey personally and had a revised bar sent to me free of charge.

I still have Trey's number, but think that he might not be there anymore

the monte carlo bar fits w-bodys's with the monoleaf too??? I thought it didn't??

YES IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Is the one you put on your CS a 22mm bar? Did it go on without any problems?

I may go to that pull-a-part Monday and get one for my GP!

the monte carlo bar fits w-bodys's with the monoleaf too??? I thought it didn't??

YES IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :mrgreen:

Is the one you put on your CS a 22mm bar? Did it go on without any problems?

I may go to that pull-a-part Monday and get one for my GP!

Hy,

On my GTP I put a 1996 Lumina MonteCarlo rear swaybar.. with 3100 engine. For the diameter.. good question ... I think, I taked the diameter when I install it to check teh difference between each...

the 94' GTP sway bar (14mm)

the 96' lumina sway bar (~19-20mm)

But I will change my rear suspention of my GTP to put on my CSC soon, I will check the right diameter

I take the swaybar from a 3100 engine body ! I don't know if anwsered your question ... :)

Yann

I put on the lighter duty rear bar. (5/8) REDGTP put on the heavier bar (3/4" = 19-20mm) I am going to get and install a heavier one soon and try it..

I feel that the strut's bushing bracket needs to be modified with welding, to form a cage to prevent the rubber bushing from pushing out, as the swaybar puts more outward pressure on the rubber that the factory GEN 1 swaybars. When i installed it, I used a ratchet strap to pull the bar ends towards each other, and stuck and tightened down the rubber bushings. then i released it and it all slipped into place.

The U bracket is the same on all the gen 1 and 1.5... the idea of welding would be to put a bridge on one side of the U to prevent the rubber from popping under pressure.

Also, on my car I used the monte connectors (between the bar and the body mount) which are supposed to be longer. i think you will need the clearance. Also watch for line rubbing!!!! Some model year 94 cars may have a recall on interference rear brake lines(mine does). I can SEE why.

See Yann's thread

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=62531.msg749554#msg749554

p.s. Yann. YOU ROCK!

Interesting...

My sisters 95 Monte Z34 has a 22mm bar...it's factory. I thought those were the brackets and bushings everyone was using with the Addco bar. I measured it in several different places today...it is definetly 22mm(7/8")

Interesting...

My sisters 95 Monte Z34 has a 22mm bar...it's factory. I thought those were the brackets and bushings everyone was using with the Addco bar. I measured it in several different places today...it is definetly 22mm(7/8")

so the Z34 bar is thicker than the one Yann used. next time I see a clean 95+ Z34 in a yard.... Would 9C1/9C3 luminas have the same bar? *puts measuring tape in tool box* :D

I was at the pull a part today and none of the Luminas had a 22mm. Even a 99 LTZ didn't have it...it had a 20mm. The 96 Monte Z34 had a 20mm also. Maybe they just did the 22mm in 95 on the Monte Z34...kinda like the stupid rear drums they put on it for only 95?