Back from my Vac ( injectors )

god910

So, I'm back from my vacation from being a dumbass. I got the TGP towed to the 'rents house. I pulled the upper plenum off to check the injectors. There is a little thing w/ 2 vac. lines going into it and a plug next to the MAP sensor. What is that? I just noticed today the lower vac hose was not connected but I don't know if I did that unhooking stuff or not. I pulled the IAC and cleaned it just because it was nasty as hell and it's free to clean something. I pulled the rail and turned the engine over, all injectors were spraying (just to jack-ass backwoods test them to make sure the ECM was sending signal) Then I did a REAL test and ohm checked them. Front three were: 14.4 7.4 10.3 so I was like Damn, junk. Then I went and grabbed my injectors from my sisters house from the 3800S2 checked them and they were all 12.7 on the nose. I was pretty geeked. I went back to my parents house and took the rail the rest of the way out (lines hooked up still) pulled one injector and they are NOT the same the TGP injectors are longer. So shit. I'm gonna have the injectors re-built at a diesel place here in town ($60 because I don't need a receipt :wink: ) and we will go from there. When I go back together w/ everything we shall see what happens. Oh yeah, I tested the injectors after they sat for an hour or so (when I tested them the first time they had been applied for ~1 min.) they tested 13.1 for 3 of them, 11.6 for one, 10.1 for another, and 3.8 :shock: for the last one. So who knows, but I know it needs injectors. So I'm gonna buy 85# injectors for future mods (J/K Kenny :oops: ) NE thing you guys can think of I will check out. I ended up working 59 hours last week so the check will be sweet ass, but I didn't get to touch the car all week. This week will be different.

Those pesky injectors......summit & Jeggs have 22 lbs accells, costly but IMO worth it.

I'll get a name for the (little black thing) by the MAP sensor.

make sure that you take your time putting the intake back on, I have seen several gaskets that were pushed over when reinstalling.

So, I'm back from my vacation from being a dumbass. I got the TGP towed to the 'rents house. I pulled the upper plenum off to check the injectors. There is a little thing w/ 2 vac. lines going into it and a plug next to the MAP sensor. What is that? I just noticed today the lower vac hose was not connected but I don't know if I did that unhooking stuff or not. I pulled the IAC and cleaned it just because it was nasty as hell and it's free to clean something. I pulled the rail and turned the engine over, all injectors were spraying (just to jack-ass backwoods test them to make sure the ECM was sending signal) Then I did a REAL test and ohm checked them. Front three were: 14.4 7.4 10.3 so I was like Damn, junk. Then I went and grabbed my injectors from my sisters house from the 3800S2 checked them and they were all 12.7 on the nose. I was pretty geeked. I went back to my parents house and took the rail the rest of the way out (lines hooked up still) pulled one injector and they are NOT the same the TGP injectors are longer. So shit. I'm gonna have the injectors re-built at a diesel place here in town ($60 because I don't need a receipt :wink: ) and we will go from there. When I go back together w/ everything we shall see what happens. Oh yeah, I tested the injectors after they sat for an hour or so (when I tested them the first time they had been applied for ~1 min.) they tested 13.1 for 3 of them, 11.6 for one, 10.1 for another, and 3.8 :shock: for the last one. So who knows, but I know it needs injectors. So I'm gonna buy 85# injectors for future mods (J/K Kenny :oops: ) NE thing you guys can think of I will check out. I ended up working 59 hours last week so the check will be sweet ass, but I didn't get to touch the car all week. This week will be different.

Anything under 11.0 Ohms I would worry about. Get your injectors rebuilt and make sure they are matched to 12.00 Ohms or better.

85# injectors will work on your application...but only your application!! :lol:

Thanks Chris for the heads up on the evap. sol.

Okay, so the guy there can't do anything w/ the windings just the flow, so I'm looking at buying reman'd ones that are almost as much as the Accel's or get the Accel ones. I want to just go ahead and get the Accel's. I really didn't want to buy new injectors until I had it running and started upgrading, because I don't want to waste the money. I don't mind spending the money on new one's but I don't want to turn around in 8 months and have to spend it again on bigger ones. How much will the ECM be able to make up for? Or does it need tweaking? Hep me, hep me. I want to get this car running I just don't want to waste money in the long run. Also, where to buy them? JCWhitney listed some but it shows them for "Import Performance" and no specific application. And as I learned yesterday, not all injectors were created equal. Thanks fellas.

Well... I had heard there was a way to do it without removing the upper intake plenum, but I do each injector individually. Remove the upper intake and pull the electrical connector from the injector. Then put your ohm meter on the two spade connectors that are exposed when you remove the connector. That will give you the OHM value of the injector... 8)

The only other way to do it w/o removing the manifold is to check each bank. So you don't know what each injector looks like but you know what each bank is at. It's a good way to check but if the numbers are off you'll need to remove the plenum.

P.S. You won't catch me short cutting it. It took me about 25 min to remove the plenum. (I didn't touch the TB and even left the cables hooked to it. 8) Just tuck it behind the engine.

No we don't have a MAF it would be inline w/ the intake. Well, I put the injectors in from the L36, got everything back together, hit the key and now it won't even do it's neat little 5-10 second run. So I put the timing light on it, I'm not getting spark now. I am not touching it until saturday when I will swap my Mod. and coils from my RUNNING Cutlass into it, and new plugs (man do they look like shit) I will let you guys know what happens. This car is just making me work for it's love. Maybe I should buy it something. :lol:

A set of fuzzy dice might make it fire for 3 seconds...but seat covers might be the ticket! :lol:

Do you know that you had spark before you pulled everything apart? Any chance you have a loose wire or one of the sensors is not plugged back in when you put everything back together? Let us know saturday what you find... 8)

Well, that's just it. I had spark because it was running, albeit 5 seconds at at time but it would run, now I'm getting nothing. Yup, I will let you know what I find out.