Is this the beginning of the end . . . . (Pontiac Deck)

Breakdown

This morning I got in the car, and pressed the pre-set button to listen to my favourite station . . . . . . you know FM: J16, so I'm kinda thinkin' WTF!! I go back to the CD and it takes a second to fill out all of the lines for track 12, which is where the CD was back to the radio. . . . J16, Preset button: n11, Preset button: L32. Back to CD and this time immediately to the track 12, go back to radio, oh it's my favourite station: J16 again!

In a pinch, I guess I could manage to survive with this set up, however I'd go postal if I lost my presets! After going CD and then back to radio some weird crap came up, then the time and then a coherent station number.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this the . . . BEGINNING OF THE END for this deck?? Are we going to have a Pontiac Deck suit like the Dexcool one because these things suck!x`

It's 12 year old electronics acting up. I'd replace it.

One problem . . . . .

This is the 5 year old one, the 13 year old one is 100% fine.

Sedan is only on the road since it needed an E-Test, and I'm still moving crap, and the coupe doesn't help with that, no back doors and sub taking away trunk space.

So you have 2 cars? Didn't realize that.

I'd still replace it if it was a stock deck.

If you re-fresh enough times (200+ should do) you'll see AJAM II's ass.

I really like the colours (at night) on the factory decks and steering wheel controls. I have an extra CD that I was going to put in AMY, but like many of my plans (and subwoofers) it remains uninstalled.

I have an extra CD that I was going to put in AMY, but like many of my plans (and subwoofers) it remains uninstalled.

That should work.

I only see the front of your car...no butts to be seen!

banner58.jpg It's a 2003 GT

I haven't been a huge fan of this car, it's growing on me. This year its 1-1 in street races.

It's only on the road now because it's plates were expiring, it needed an e-test and I was already making insurance adjustments to the house. I'm still moving a lot of crap, so it's a better option, no subwoofers taking up trunk space and the rear doors for easier access, the trim piece on the driver's door is starting to fall off and that trunk-spoiler mod desperately needs to be done. Now, that I have a garage to work with, should be done in the next couple of weeks while the car is back off of the road again.